Bearden at Dobyns-Bennett - Round 1 of 6A Playoffs

DBGRAD70

Here is a small book at the end of a graveyard shift.I hope,really hope that DB is 100% geared toward this friday and nothing other then school,girls,cars and all the things that high school boys think about 365 days a year anyway,because Bearden is plenty enough as far as football goes to keep their attention.It's alright for the rest of us to look around at this quad,the other quads,college,pro and what if's.What if Bearden comes to play and DB doesn't,end of season.....Sure,I want to see DB win and host preferably Sevier County and exorcise the playoff demons of late while everyone has a great team and there are no real upsets when teams are on average 8-2 or better in the quad.Then and only then,would I like to see DB play one of three teams{OR,M,or SH} and I could give a tinkers fort patrick henry's dam if Maryville is that team or not.Whoever leaves for the west and I hope it's DB, but I'll pull for them either way.DB has a great program with fine coaches,players and fans.The only part that has been missing for the last few years is during the playoffs,and I'd like to see that change.Maryville is an East Tennessee team that has brought great pride to this region of the state and the whole state in general when you see them on national TV,so sure I'd love for DB to have that kind of program {but how many teams do?}

Edited by BatmanDB

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing harder then beating Maryville is reading your posts. I don't see anybody but you guys saying your weaker or slower. Not going to hear it from us. To be the man you have to beat the man. And that's Maryville. I just hope for the opportunity to try just like all the rest.

So if you say that team A is bigger and faster wouldn't that make team B smaller and slower?

Gentlemen, I personally believe Bearden was an unfair draw for DB. Teams that pass give Bearden some problems. A rush team is exactly who they would like to play. They have athletes and a good coach. This could be closer then some think. I have confidence DB's offense performs at a high level and my dominant Bearden. But, don't underestimate Bearden, they have something to prove. This is no easy push-over game. Practice this week for D-B better be focused. How embarrassing would it be to lose to Bearden?

If S.H. and D-B lose, it will take years for the NET to regain any respect. A lot of pride is on the line this Friday, you both better be prepared.

And as a Maryville fan, our starters should be will rested after the Hardin-Valley game- over in the first quarter. O. R. or Science Hill should prove to be a good second round challenge.

It would be embarassing but not as embarasing as losing in the 1st round to WB was.

This opinion of mine is not unique. Everybody else outside of Maryville feels the same. Just quit saying your guys are weak,slow and not good. We know all about the youth program through high school and it should be an example for everyone else to pattern there programs after. It works. Just don't think you cant be beaten. Anything can happen on any given Friday night. Injuries,sickness or weather. It happens. Agree?

yes it does we seen it happen down here in the BLACKHOLE several years back in 2009 in the first round. Now you need to go play Bearden first... Edited by GREYRIDER

Yes, but that was Motown West. Oak Ridge played against him back when we had Shawn Summers. We held him down pretty good! Him and Stewart are cousins, believe it or not! Shawn's dad is from Motown!

According to Bladerunner, Summers should have had to go to the same school as his father. We might have to forfeit some victories... rolleyes.gif

Well starpower , I have learned in this thread that we don't "look" very good , and that DB has a better running game than us , plus we need to be more humble ... Funny thing is I don't see any Maryville fan telling DB that any part of our team is any better ... Funny thing is I remember a lot of talk going on about Maryville a couple years ago before DB played Bearden ... Enough to where I was looking forward to a matchup ... Maybe this time it will really happen ... who knows ???

Hey Peppy, not all of us run off at the mouth. I for one hope we stay healty and get to finally play you guys with a decent team. That will at the very least gain a little respect back. Beating you would shove us up the hill a little, losing to you aint so bad.

I don't think DB will have too much problem with Bearden. They're pretty much one dimensional. Contain their quick QB and you should have them wrapped up. They have a good sized FB that runs hard but not that fast. They are pretty good defensively, but your speed advantage can negate that. The Maryville game was more an aberation for Maryville than a Bearden indicator. A Farragut team with a porous defense should have put them away in the 3rd quarter but let them hang around and lost in OT.

I know you guys feel you have a playoff jinx, but each year is different and I've seen first hand how good DB is.

And another thing: all of you should know by now not to even mention Maryville without a bowed head and begin by lauding GQ or the Rebel faithful will flame you.

I listened to the end of the D-B vs. Science Hill game on the computer radio last Friday night. The announcers (D-B Network) mentioned Maryville in the post game show.

I didn't hear that part.I knew going into that game that a loss would probably get us one step closer to Maryville,and a win could get us two home games with a victory.Maybe that was the reference,I don't know.Either way,being on the radio doesn't make you any smarter when your mouth gets ahead of your brain.It's obvious that the same applies on coacht when a lot of our crazy stuff is written without thought.

Guess I kinda see things different, thats what usually gets me in trouble, but if D-B had won as many states as Maryville or Alcoa, I would be one loud and obnoxious ( sorry for the use of the big word there Stars I had to look it up myself) fan year around. I would run my piehole like Buddy Landell 24-7