Round 1. MJ vs. Independence

BearPride12

I am on board with some of the folks that think Dickson co is the weakest out of the top 4 seeds in this quad. Dickson has played a rather weak schedule and I think mj gets to the regional finals and takes on Brentwood. But Arlington could also change that as they have the passing attack to cause brentwood problems in round 2.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK... just keep on thinking DC has played a weak schedule. We have to play in the district the TSSAA puts us in and have no choice in that matter. Go ahead and overlook us, we might not even make it past the first round anyway! Over the last several years, DC has played any of the private schools that would play us and several top programs from Williamson and Rutherford counties. Strength of schedule does not mean everything!!

OK... just keep on thinking DC has played a weak schedule. We have to play in the district the TSSAA puts us in and have no choice in that matter. Go ahead and overlook us, we might not even make it past the first round anyway! Over the last several years, DC has played any of the private schools that would play us and several top programs from Williamson and Rutherford counties. Strength of schedule does not mean everything!!

DC no offense but you dont deserve that high seed - MJ or WC do - Strength of schedule is everything and should be everything - Why do you think the top programs go out and play the tough schools? I know the year Indy made it to the state game they had MBA and BA on there schedule,,,,

okay I looked at DC schedule as you stated over the last several years they played private and schools from Wilco & Rutherford County..

2011 - you didnt play any of the above

2010 - you didnt play any of the above

2009 - played Brentwood got smacked 31-0

2008- you were in oir district 11AAA and only won 1 game all year

this year you beat 3 teams only with a winning record - this will haunt you come playoff time

Be lucky you got that top seed. Because if Dickson played anyone else in this quad they would have been 1 and done. I'm with Indy, what wilco and Rutherford and privates do you play? The good privates like ensworth/BA/MBA look for local games constantly and can't find many so save that kool aid for some one who doesn't know any better

I am talking about the last 30 years or so... not the last 5 or 6 years. We have played over those years BA, MBA, Father Ryan, Riverdale, Brentwood, Franklin, Indy, Ravenwood as well as Gallatin, Hendersonville, Beech and several others. You young football scholars need to check your facts before calling someone out on this thread and we won our district, that is why we are a number 1 seed and when you are put in a 9 team district, you only have 2 games to pick up games and Columbia is not all that bad ( state champs recently). We were playing good competition before you guys were born!!

Heck the last 30 years, well of course you are gonna play the schools you mentioned....

You said the last several years - correct me if I'm wrong but several is 2 or 3 years...

Look DC is not the powerhouse you think it is past or present.... The years you played with us big boys in 11AAA you did what? Hardly anything to brag about ...

You got lucky with a cupcake district -

Feel for Brentwood and WC - Brentwood because it faces a very tough WC team whom deserves a higher ranking/seed and for WC a team that draws a BHS that can play with anybody ....y

So your telling me every kick goes into the end zone? Your telling me if the wind is blowing like mad he could kick it into the wind ?

What about punts?

No; there have been about half a dozen kicks that we have pooch kicked and one other that he missed and went to the 5. All others have been in the end zone. He is one of the best kickers in the state if not the best. 56 touch backs this year. He had 3 kickoffs last week alone that went between the goal posts.

Wharton is good; but can't beat MJ by himself. As for punts; I can't see the Bears punting more than 4-5 times. Perry won't be having Jenkins kicking to Wharton. You can bet on that.

GO BEARS !