Fairview @ Smith County

Jacketman89

Maybe they just had confidence Antwan. I cant speak to the game that much since I attended another area game tonight, but lets just say they saw something on film that led them to believe they could go for it from the 14. Some great coaches see things like this especially while preparing to advance to the next round in the playoffs and just act on there on emotional play calling abilities.

Has your little team ever done that? Doubt it

Edited by Antwan

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an outsiders observation who has been to a few play off games at ''THE HOLE'' something just seemed off with Smith County tonight, fans and team. I showed up expecting a play off atmosphere like I've seen before but it seemed to be the atmosphere you would get about week 4 of the regular season. I don't know if Smith County was afraid of what might happen or what but it was different. Fairview was a heck of a team and had plenty of good players, pretty much controlled the game from the beginning.

WHAT lesson???White Co. and Warren Co. are at the beginning of the season when playoffs are at least 6 games away. SC played G-ville-LA-Dekalb-White House and York .I believe ALL of those are in the playoffs. HALF of teams SC plays are in the playoffs. Kinda shoots your theory in the rear don't it??

Numbers? again, exactly what does NUMBERS have to do with anything? He;; Pickett has 14, they ought to win state every year using your theory. And if your know how to coach speed you ought to be making a fortune. It's like height, Either you got it or you don't.

Conner York??? Was he there tonight?? He sure didn't have anything else to do. Better than SCs QB....I don't know, but does it matter? If you put York on SCs team this year, you get the same results.

Upper Cumberland Man is trying to tell ya'll something I do agree with. Yes I would love to get away from iron man football but you know as well as I do that just because you have 100 kids on the field it dont mean you have 1 or 2 that shouldnt be playing both ways, especially in places like Westmoreland or Carthage or Hartsville. SC is getting into unchartered water for most 3A programs. They are getting the sidelines full of players. This creates an entire new set of problems. The athletes at a place like Smith County are just not as plentiful as a place like say Riverdale.

Guest Termite

I take offense to that. I heard Westmoreland had one man that could out smack talk the entire town of Carthage as well as the out lying areas known as Smith County excluded the fine city of Gordonsville of course. I think Gordonsville is still in the big show by the way.

If you took a hand full of soda straws.......... stuck them together.............it would make it a lot easier to blow smoke up your on a;; backside.

As an outsiders observation who has been to a few play off games at ''THE HOLE'' something just seemed off with Smith County tonight, fans and team. I showed up expecting a play off atmosphere like I've seen before but it seemed to be the atmosphere you would get about week 4 of the regular season. I don't know if Smith County was afraid of what might happen or what but it was different. Fairview was a heck of a team and had plenty of good players, pretty much controlled the game from the beginning.

Yeah...SC came out flat...but no excuses. The best team won...no doubt.

I was surprised Fairview was so undisciplined. I can't believe they went for it on 4th down 4 times on their own side of the field,,,once from the 14 . They tried to give it to SC in the 2nd half...but it didn't appear they wanted it. The game was won in the 1st half...especially the last td. Fairview defense played well....was the difference with pressure on Givens.

Going for it on 4th down is undisciplined? Everytime time they went for it it was short distances and they were getting a good push pretty much every play. I don't think they ever got stopped on any of there 4th down tries and actually scored a long touchdown on one of them. It just looked like a coach and team playing to win the game.

Has your little team ever done that? Doubt it

As a matter of fact we kicked an onside kick tonight the first play of the game sir. To go back years ago when I played alittle ball. We were playing portland my senior year. Before the game coach Kelly said first punt of the game we are going to fake it if we are on the 1 yard line due to something he saw on film. I said to myself I bet we dont if we get in that situation. I be darn if we didnt have to punt the ball first time from our on 20 yard line. I just knew he'd call it off but low and behold he went for it. I was the long snapper and if I hadnt snapped it so hard to make Clint Brown kind of bobble the ball I believe he would have taken it the distance. He only ran it for about 30 due to the timing off. We went on to lose that game. The only one we lost in regular season that year but he did get the first down on a risky play in mine and most eyes. Just proves that some calls like that do work and from the sound of the game tonight it did make a difference.

Going for it on 4th down is undisciplined? Everytime time they went for it it was short distances and they were getting a good push pretty much every play. I don't think they ever got stopped on any of there 4th down tries and actually scored a long touchdown on one of them. It just looked like a coach and team playing to win the game.

So going for it on your own 14 leading by 17 early in the 3rd quarter is a good move? Sure okay

Guest Termite

Upper Cumberland Man is trying to tell ya'll something I do agree with. Yes I would love to get away from iron man football but you know as well as I do that just because you have 100 kids on the field it dont mean you have 1 or 2 that shouldnt be playing both ways, especially in places like Westmoreland or Carthage or Hartsville. SC is getting into unchartered water for most 3A programs. They are getting the sidelines full of players. This creates an entire new set of problems. The athletes at a place like Smith County are just not as plentiful as a place like say Riverdale.

Number has nothing to do with anything. You can only play with 11 at a time.

The reason SC has the numbers is because ( and I agree with this). SC is a public school. If a kid wants to play, he should be able to practice and dress out. How much, or how little he touches the field is a different matter all together.

Number has nothing to do with anything. You can only play with 11 at a time.

The reason SC has the numbers is because ( and I agree with this). SC is a public school. If a kid wants to play, he should be able to practice and dress out. How much, or how little he touches the field is a different matter all together.

I totally agree about allowing kids to play. I also would love my team to have those kind of numbers, why do you think I have the kids at my house every Thursday. I try to give the ones that wont get to play much something to stay on the team for. But your missing the point. SC and Westmoreland just dont have that many Great Athletes yet and lots of times has to play a kid both ways to get all the athleticism on the field you can get. Especially when your battling ensworth recruits.