Fairview @ Smith County

Jacketman89

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Fairview on a good game! I believe they are a little better than advertised. At least their O/D line is anyways. SC can say they lost to a good team tonight. Fairview fans I have the up most respect for you after this week, you all are a classy bunch! There was a few cheap shoves or pushes by Fairview players but nothing I have not seen others do over the years including SC. I am for Fairview here on out, I hope y'all represent this quad well. To the SC seniors keep your head up. It was a great run and a lot of memories you will hang onto forever. #52 #28 #56 #64 you are some great ball players and I have enjoyed the last several years watching you guys! When #28 almost picked that pitch off that was pretty awesome that was just pure athleticism that can't be taught. But again congrats Fairview on the win and SC on a good season!

For some reason it seems like every week #21 throws a punch...this is a joke. We see these kids playing at this level and they are talking trash shoving people around getting into it a little more than maybe they should be and we call is classless and undesciplined. Yet at the major level of competition this is not frowned upon...sure if you ron artest someone there may be a problem but a little pushing shoving and some trash talk thats just part of the game these days. I hit on this earlier in the year. It is a sense of "swagger" some kids have it some coaches allow it. The guys from FV obviously have it and they show it week in and week out. Your comments on #4's trash talk...he spends as much time playing the game as he does setting the tempo for it. Whether it be verbally or downright destroying your offensive gameplan. Trust me there isnt a team in the state that would turn down the chance to have these two guys on their team. They are very respectful young men, but when they strap it up on fridays its time to go to work.

Now...after i have vented on that subject lets talk about the game. The defense from FV was absolutely fantastic. I havent seen a more complete game from that group all season. They flew around to the football and delivered. It looked to me in the 2nd half that we were doing more trying not to lose than we were trying to win if that makes sense. Fantastic evening for Moore Franklin and Ramey collectively. They displayed great poise and handled their business. Defensively Reynolds and Myatt really stood out to me with a strong show from the D-line those guys looked in tune with their star player tonight. I am displeased though with the showing from SC. I watched every film i could and where was #14. The kid is an animal you cant limit a guy like that to 5-10 carries. Give him the ball and let him work he's not a homerun guy. He is the type of back come 4th qtr your not gonna try to tackle him anymore from the punishment you recieved the first 36 minutes. Great game though fun place to visit. Love the fact we were besically sitting on top of the field. Hope SC came out injury free. For FV enjoy it and rest up tomorrow get ready to go back to CC and get that W we gave them in the openening week.

Congrats to Fairview on the win. For the Owls to overcome the speed, they had to be more physical and win the battle in the trenches which didn't happen. We got all the turnovers we could ask for but couldn't do anything with them. I like how our defense responded in the second half. Flying around and playing aggressive. Just wish it didn't take a half to get that intensity. Best of luck to the jackets. You guys have a pretty good team. Those turnovers will kill you against a better team however.

Idk what ur talking about everything i read was SC didnt have a chance at winning because of FV speed however speed had nuttin to do with it. Sc defense did a great job holding a athletic and talented FV team to.29. We usually outscore people ,defense has been a prob all year and for some reason running straight up the gut has been our worse part. Cant stop anything up the middle. Yall just did excellent job in the trenches. I was totally shocked our line was having that kinda trouble. I believe they were to.

Wait you are saying on a 4th and inches play from you 14 you like a fake punt call over a QB sneak???

Absolutely....both are pretty stupid...one is more stupid than the other. You do that against a team you probably can't beat...not on a team you are up 17 points on early in the 3rd. A team that just scored....and had some momentum.

Edited by Antwan

On an 4TH and anything on ur on 14 WHEN UR WINNING is retarded to go for it. There is no way anyone that knows anything about football can possibly take up for that call. If we stop u and score it changes the whole game. If they dont get it, ur on here today saying how stupid it was.