Fairview @ Smith County

Jacketman89

It's a move I would expect from Macon...but not a good team like Fairview. icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gif

I would say the reasons you have for not making a call like this are the same reasons he can say why he's a coach and your not. I'll explain it to you like this. We were at the Westmoreland game last night and suddenly we heard a large hissing sound that sounded like the Worlds largest balloon being untied and the air coming out. The sound was coming from the east of Westmoreland. I called a friend of mine who was scouting the Fairview team at Smith County. He said the large hissing sound was the air being let out the SC faithful after the 4th down play people keep on worrying about over there soo much. He said that pretty much sealed the deal right there at that point.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the sounds of this game, the Smith County fans are still in shock. If all you can do is criticize a coach for going for it on 4th and inches from their 14 then to me it seems like you are still upset about the loss. Looking at the stats, it seems Fairview shut down the Smith Co. running game and the coach seemed confident Smith was not going to put up a lot of point.

My question is what happened to the vaunted Smith Co. running game? Isn't Manning a highly touted recruit?

From the sounds of this game, the Smith County fans are still in shock. If all you can do is criticize a coach for going for it on 4th and inches from their 14 then to me it seems like you are still upset about the loss. Looking at the stats, it seems Fairview shut down the Smith Co. running game and the coach seemed confident Smith was not going to put up a lot of point.

My question is what happened to the vaunted Smith Co. running game? Isn't Manning a highly touted recruit?

Now your talking. Keep it up I got to go move some hay right quick but I'll be back. Keep um going. We need to learn more about this infamous 4th down call. Before long it'll be the only reason SC lost. Wait a minute, they dont make excuses over there. I'll be back Termite.

Thats why Fairview doesnt make it past next week. I was worried about this game cause our defense obviously had issues this whole season. Thought our defense played decent. FV just made some plays. One on a tackle our Db had him wrapped up and let go and Moore took 55yrds for TD and one our DB just miss timed his jump against moore in th end zone for a TD but the kid was in position. Take those 2 plays away and the game is 15-14. So all in all it wasnt that bad. SC played good and FV did to. First half killed us it was 14-6 SC in second half. Great job FV way to make the plays u needed to.

I was wondering about Manning myself. He's a beast when it comes to strength. He is highly recruited from what I've heard. At first I figured he wasn't getting enough touches, but now I just don't know what the problem is. When DC played them I was worried all night about him and he didn't seem to do much harm. Now from what I hear he got plenty of touches last night and couldn't. Is there something going on with the o-line or what?

Thats why Fairview doesnt make it past next week. I was worried about this game cause our defense obviously had issues this whole season. Thought our defense played decent. FV just made some plays. One on a tackle our Db had him wrapped up and let go and Moore took 55yrds for TD and one our DB just miss timed his jump against moore in th end zone for a TD but the kid was in position. Take those 2 plays away and the game is 15-14. So all in all it wasnt that bad. SC played good and FV did to. First half killed us it was 14-6 SC in second half. Great job FV way to make the plays u needed to.

like i said earlier we know cheatham better than.u do.. We will be prepared. ;). You can come watch if u want.

That shows about what you know. I think the game was explained by most SC fans. Shock...absolutely not. SC did not play very good defense all year. That was expected. Manning has had a quad injury...sat out two games. He did not look full speed last night. I don't think that would have made much difference in the game. SC did not block Fairview all night. It was much like the Dekalb game. The results were about the same.

I was wondering about Manning myself. He's a beast when it comes to strength. He is highly recruited from what I've heard. At first I figured he wasn't getting enough touches, but now I just don't know what the problem is. When DC played them I was worried all night about him and he didn't seem to do much harm. Now from what I hear he got plenty of touches last night and couldn't. Is there something going on with the o-line or what?

Nothing wrong with the line....just couldn't block Fairview. They gambled every play...got pressure on qb every time he went back to pass. SC had receivers open all night...but had no time to get it to them. Well played by Fairview defense.