Fairview @ Smith County

Jacketman89

Shoulda woulda coulda been a lot closer too...due to 2nd half turnovers. 3 times inside of 10 with no points.

that could go both way seein.as fairview had 5 turnovers in second. eliminate.both teams turnovers probably.wouldve been worse. Eliminate just ur turnovers then yes would have been closer if not a win.for SC

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So going for it on your own 14 leading by 17 early in the 3rd quarter is a good move? Sure okay

It wasn't conventional but it wasn't a bad move. They had to get about 6 inches and they were getting it all night. I don't think it's a move you would do very often but I do think it was the right call.

So going for it on your own 14 leading by 17 early in the 3rd quarter is a good move? Sure okay

Seemed to put the old nail in the coffin looks like to me Antwan. By the way, your welcome to come to the CPA Westmoreland game next friday. I'll even pay your way in if you want me to buddy. I know its going to be hard on you waiting an entire year for more playoff action over there but you can celebrate with a local team next week. That is if your not at little ole Gordonsville's game. They are by the way the last team left in Smith County that is still in the playoffs.

It wasn't conventional but it wasn't a bad move. They had to get about 6 inches and they were getting it all night. I don't think it's a move you would do very often but I do think it was the right call.

I tell you one of the only coaches that would have the cahoneys to do something like that in the playoffs in my mind. A man some of you over in Smith County might have heard of. He goes by the name of Clint Satterfield. Steno, do you think he might make a move like that?

Guest Termite

I totally agree about allowing kids to play. I also would love my team to have those kind of numbers, why do you think I have the kids at my house every Thursday. I try to give the ones that wont get to play much something to stay on the team for. But your missing the point. SC and Westmoreland just dont have that many Great Athletes yet and lots of times has to play a kid both ways to get all the athleticism on the field you can get. Especially when your battling ensworth recruits.

And there are some that play both ways.....

Shoulda woulda coulda been a lot closer too...due to 2nd half turnovers. 3 times inside of 10 with no points.

In the second half it seemed like we were just letting you guys back in the game. We had pulled several starters to prevent injury and kept giving the ball back. Our defense showed up and didn't allow SC to score much less get many first downs.

I seen a post about the play calling being bad tonight. Thats just not true at all. We threw the ball, we ran outside,we ran inside,we ran the wildcat,we ran the jet sweep, we threw to thr RB,TEand WR. We ran straight at them and we ran misdirection plays. Idk what else u could call. The prob was if someone actually watched the game would know is that they had the athletes to play 1on1 on our WR and stacked 9 or 10 in the box,even brought the safety up all night to defend the run and not worry about the pass. We could not block them at all up front running the ball and when throwing the ball he was so pressured he made bad throws or got sacked. Play calling doesnt matter with 3 DL in backfield every play