Grace's Will McKamey (urgent)

DCBoysfan

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game and it was a very scary, unsettling feeling watching what was unfolding on the sideline. Very thankful that this young man is alive and that it is now starting to sound like he will recover. Incidents like this certainly put things in proper perspective very quickly. All of us here at CAK will continue to offer up prayers on behalf of Will, his family, his teammates and the physicians administering to him.

As a side note: I would like to encourage any and all that may have input or influence on securing an ambulance to be stationed at the games. Time can be so vital in situations like this. If it requires adding a $1 or $2 to the price of admission, I say it is money well invested. It took a very long time for the ambulance to arrive (I would estimate 15 minutes easily). I'm not sure why, nor am I placing any blame since I don't know the circumstances of the medical emergency staff and the ambulance company, but lost time can result in lost opportunities and loss of life.

That is surprising, schools in the Sequatchie Valley all usually have ambulances at the games on stand-bye. Something must have came up that prevented it from happening. Ambulance services are ran by the hospital in Marion Co.

That is surprising, schools in the Sequatchie Valley all usually have ambulances at the games on stand-bye. Something must have came up that prevented it from happening. Ambulance services are ran by the hospital in Marion Co.

Not sure if they normally have an ambulance at the SP games or not, but there definitely wasn't one there at the time of this incident. I know we always have one at CAK. Maybe they only have one ambulance for that area and it may have been on call somewhere else. At any rate the delay in arrival time thankfully doesn't appear to have contributed to any further health damage to this young man, but it certainly could to someone else in the future.

from what I've read today this is a great young man and family, God has something special in mind for you stay strong enough to embrace this setback and enjoy the many blessings the rest of your life has to offer. I know everyone else in our Baylor family is lifting you up in prayer if we can do anything for the family while your in chattanooga reply here and I will do anything I bless

Will is currently being moved to a regular room. Thank you for all your prayers.

Parents optimistic high school football player Will McKamey won't need brain surgery

Will+McKamey+2.JPG

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- The parents of a Tennessee high school football player who suffered a head injury during a game are optimistic their son won't need brain surgery.

Medical technicians flew Grace Christian running back Will McKamey to Erlanger Medical Center in Chattanooga after he collapsed Friday night during Grace's 47-27 win in South Pittsburg, about 30 miles west of Chattanooga.

McKamey's father, Grace Christian football coach Randy McKamey, told The Knoxville News Sentinel (http://bit.ly/VRsGvY ) a second brain scan showed no increased brain pressure and that surgery wasn't needed at that point.

Randy McKamey expects Will to remain in the Intensive Care Unit for a few more days and could be moved to a recovery room if his condition continues to improve. He is hopeful that Will will be able to play football again someday soon.

McKamey committed in late September to play football at Navy.

This just in.

Grace Christian football player recovering after injury

2:06 PM, Oct 28, 2012 | 2 comments

121027122653_mckamey.JPG

Will McKamey

• icnShareNetworkGray.gif

• icnShareEmailGray.gif
  • icnSharePrintGray.gif
  • A A A

Written by

WBIR.com

A Grace Christian High School football player injured during a game Friday night is improving according to 10Sports' Steve Phillips.

Will McKamey tweeted today this message:

Im all good now... Thanks for all the prayers and support! It means alot!

Phillips says McKamey has been moved from the ICU at Erlanger to a private room.