Grundy at Cheatham: Round One Matchup

howdoitknow

Justin Bryant was the best QB to ever play at Grundy.

Justin was good but he had better talent all around him when compared to what most of the others had. He also had an easier schedule during the Coach C era. Others had more wins and went deeper into the playoffs. Who was QB in 93? isn't that the best team? Maybe if Justin is the better QB he should call the Offense.

CC 56

GC 20

That Generous

Well first of all all the quarterbacks u mentioned that played in Grundys past was good but they wasn't that good till their senior season. The Mainord kid on the other hand is poised and plays like the ones that was mentioned as a freshman! What is it gonna take to get some quality coaches in this county that's not about who you are or what grade your in or let politics interfere in who plays or not! The number one priority as a coach is to put your best on the field or the court, whether they are freshman or senior and win games!! That's what it's all about PERIOD!! But this is the way Grundy has been for years and years. Is it ever gonna change?

Well first of all all the quarterbacks u mentioned that played in Grundys past was good but they wasn't that good till their senior season. The Mainord kid on the other hand is poised and plays like the ones that was mentioned as a freshman! What is it gonna take to get some quality coaches in this county that's not about who you are or what grade your in or let politics interfere in who plays or not! The number one priority as a coach is to put your best on the field or the court, whether they are freshman or senior and win games!! That's what it's all about PERIOD!! But this is the way Grundy has been for years and years. Is it ever gonna change?

I would save the the discussion until after the Mainord kids senior year. Keep the pressure off of him and put on the coaches where it belongs.

Will it ever change in Grundy? Not until enough people complain to board members. One family controls two sports and if you are not connected to that family then you have no value. How many people from the north end are involved in the program?

North end south end that doesn't matter thats another reason things are like they are in Grundy! The coaches in the county need to be someone that doesn't believe in all that nonsense whether they are from around here or not. How many atheletes are at division 1 schools or played at division 1 schools from Grundy? Is there talent here, yes. There has been for years but like I said I have seen great players set the bench on count of where your from and who you are!! We're never gonna have anything in Grundy unless that changes.

Justin Bryant's senior year the went to 3rd round

Just for the sake of history... Grundy has gone to the 3rd round (quarterfinals) only once in history. That was the 1993 under Chris Pickett and Ted Ladd. "The Legend" cough...cough Colquette could not get Grundy past the second round in his tenure on the mountain. I only jumped into this because of the incorrect facts. Colquette was not as successful at Grundy as Pickett. Colquette was never the right fit for Grundy. Pickett was and he got screwed over because of Colquette. And no, I won't ever let it go. Colquette should have never been brought to Grundy and all those responsible will always have egg on their faces in my book.

So There!

You folks can go back to your discussion about the current circumstances now.....

North end south end that doesn't matter thats another reason things are like they are in Grundy! The coaches in the county need to be someone that doesn't believe in all that nonsense whether they are from around here or not. How many atheletes are at division 1 schools or played at division 1 schools from Grundy? Is there talent here, yes. There has been for years but like I said I have seen great players set the bench on count of where your from and who you are!! We're never gonna have anything in Grundy unless that changes.

I think the n vs. s had improved until this staff. Now is anyone truly happy with what they have done over four years?

Just for the sake of history... Grundy has gone to the 3rd round (quarterfinals) only once in history. That was the 1993 under Chris Pickett and Ted Ladd. "The Legend" cough...cough Colquette could not get Grundy past the second round in his tenure on the mountain. I only jumped into this because of the incorrect facts. Colquette was not as successful at Grundy as Pickett. Colquette was never the right fit for Grundy. Pickett was and he got screwed over because of Colquette. And no, I won't ever let it go. Colquette should have never been brought to Grundy and all those responsible will always have egg on their faces in my book.

So There!

You folks can go back to your discussion about the current circumstances now.....

Thanks Del. Will Grundy ever be a legit contender? It seems like the talent is there.

So There!

Totally agree with you on that one!!! All Colquette cared about when he went to Grundy was the money. He did not care about the players or the school and he turned out to be about as good of coach as he was a principal. Pickett was done wrong and he is "The Legend" because he got the most out of the talent he had. RIP Coach Pickett.

....As far as the current circumstances well let me say this. Am I happy with a 5-5 record? No! But you have to realize boys....WE did not play a cupcake schedule this year. We won all the games we were supposed to win this year with the exception of the Grace Game. Check this out. We lost to Marion 8-2 record. South Pitt 7-3 record (who has a good shot of winning it all this year) Signal Mtn. 7-3 record (district champs) and last but not least Notre Dame 8-2 record. (probably the most athletic team in the district). People can place the blame on anyone they want to and yes the current administration should be held accountable. I am not saying they shouldn't. But if you look at the overall picture of this season. We lost to some teams that were just better than we were. The future looks bright on the Mountain in my opinion. That's all I have to say about that. GO GRUNDY!!