Grundy at Cheatham: Round One Matchup

howdoitknow

If you will notice the athletes that are on the field play multiple sports and basketball is one of them. How many of those bb players were playing before the football coach also started coaching bb.and from what end of the county are they from...the north end and that is great..get your facts straight before criticizing coaches and their families.....sounds like sour grapes to me....

How many games did the boys basketball team win last year? There was a freshman class of about 7 ball players out of elementary school that were freshman that with the playing time could have won as many games as ther upperclassmen did last year. Take your lumps with those freshmen since your losing anyway and a year or 2 down the road who is cleaning house then? There is no sour grapes it's just the truth!! As for the moral of the football players word I have been hearing is they think the trip is a waste because they are beat before they ever leave Grundy? If that's the case in my opinion those kids need to stay and take the ones that wants to give you ever thing they have, that would be thrilled for the opportunity!!!

There is no hard feelings towards anybody or any families, by all means!!!! All I'm saying is this winning should be the number one priority as a coach, period!! Everyone should agree on that. But If your doing the same thing week in and week out and losing change stuff, plays? Starters? And see what happens then. Some athletes if they sat the bench because they are stinking it up don't you think they will take there game to another level? And kids on the bench that have talent when given an opportunity will drool at the mouth and give you there A game. But on the other hand I have noticed that they are instituting Christ in these kids which I think is GREAT!!! And when its all said and done that's all that's gonna count anyway!! GO BIG GRUNDY!!

So no one should ever question the direction of the program? No one has criticized the coaches families. Although it appears only one family is coaching. Who is responsible for adjustments during games? Who is responsible for moral? These guys came in with no experience and have shown no improvement. Should be 7-3 the loss to Jasper when you where up by two scores and the loss to a 1 win Grace are inexcusable. I still haven't figured out how ND put up 62. Everyone says this is the best talent GC has had in years so don't question the coaches.

Give them another four years maybe they can improve?

Don't worry about the potential of the kids.

So no one should ever question the direction of the program? No one has criticized the coaches families. Although it appears only one family is coaching. Who is responsible for adjustments during games? Who is responsible for moral? These guys came in with no experience and have shown no improvement. Should be 7-3 the loss to Jasper when you where up by two scores and the loss to a 1 win Grace are inexcusable. I still haven't figured out how ND put up 62. Everyone says this is the best talent GC has had in years so don't question the coaches.

Give them another four years maybe they can improve?

Don't worry about the potential of the kids.

It isn't that... Of course a failing program should be scrutinized but the complaint that preferential treatment is given because of various ODD reasons is usually proffered by the mothers of bench warmers.

Edited by tshadow

It isn't that... Of course a failing program should be scrutinized but the complaint that preferential treatment is given because of various ODD reasons is usually proffered by the mothers of bench warmers.

My complaint isn't preferential treatment, it is incompetence. Best talent, yet no improved record. Easier competition 4 teams with winning records one of jasper they had a two score lead on in second half and the other six teams went 13-47 with one loss to a one win Grace.

Again should be 7-3 and you wouldn't have many complaints but that is what happens when you become a coach. Win or get some ear plugs.

glover I didn't know you were a Grundy fan.....

Good morning Howdy - a little trivia for CC fans - Who gave howdoitknow2 his 2nd moniker (Howdy) ? It was yours truly when we had the 2 game series 4-5 years ago.I remember you had a TOUGH running back and LB. He was a heck of a player. It has been a pleasure knowing Howdy these years, a class person. Do you remember when we played you there and the electricity kept going off. Dang, we had to fight for our life but finally came out with a win. I know you have players that played that night that still play. I accused Howdy of red shirting some of these guys. I know you folks have a very good team and could very well go to the big dance. I don't think I would lose any sleep over your game tomorrow night. Mercy rule starting the 2nd half. Of course, we play FV who also has a quality program with speed to burn. Don't know if we can catch them or not. Hopefully it will be a good game with no injuries. Good luck the remaining of the season.

Edited by scooter

First of all i want to start by saying i'm not a parent of a bench warmer. I'm just a fan that seems to know talented kids when he sees one. Also consider myself someone that knows sports in general and how they should be played to win.The treatment i'm referring to is not only just here in Grundy but its everywhere! How many kids would have went on to sports careers in there life if it wasn't for some high school coaches playing kids on count of politics, or who they are. A kids attitude has alot to do with how he plays a sport, how his coach instills this attitude in his players reflects how his team prepares mentally and physically for a game! Honestly I can say I have heard already that some of these boys attitudes before they make this trip is already beat! Where has this attitude came from? A true athlete is someone that goes out and gives it everything he has and has the attitude that he is better than who he is up against and he is fixing to prove it! Not only to his opponent but to his teammates, coaches, and fans each game he plays in!! That is the kind of kid that I would want to put on my team if I were a coach! We lost games to teams we should have one! We're to predicitable, we have a big offensive line, a good freshman QB (that by the way put up 201 yards against one of the top ranked teams in the state every year in 1 HALF) now that he is back play him!!! A group of that I would say the best receivers Grundy has had. Let's use this to our advantage from the start! Not wait till the 4th quarter and then try something different to make a comeback. Get this attitude instilled in this defense to want to show somebody how big and bad they are and not give up 1 single yard every play!! You have to WANT to be a WINNER, from the coach down to the player and not worry about whose feelings you might hurt by who don't play or who don't score, or what a parent or board member might say! It's time to go to CC and pin your ears back, get your attitudes right, (coaches & players) and show them how proud you are to be a JACKET!!!! Edited by BamaRules