State Playoffs... Your thoughts

MrTSSAA

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What if the class AA teams Boyd played played in class A, do you think they'd have more wins Crow? I personally think Maplewood would be a 9-1 team at worst

Maybe they would but you can't just assume the larger class opponents will be tougher. Look at Howard, CCS, East Ridge's records. You'd have to go through each teams' records and other such factors and it seems as if this was done in the tiebreakers.

Boyd didn't get shafted......they would have gotten the 2 seed in the other quad and had to play FCS rather early. As Commanderman will tell you, is a losing proposition. The tie breakers are fairly clear and Oneida didn't play a single cupcake out of their division. 5 of 6 teams in the Quad have 9-1 records....someone is bound to feel "shafted". Why is it Boyd, why isn't it Hampton or Siverdale? Oneida lost to arguably the top rated single A team in the state....a team that can conceivably also beat Maplewood. (didn't say they would, just saying it isn't a stretch to see it) Boyd still can earn the right to come up to the Reservation and beat Oneida, the team that effectively "took" their spot. Thats poppycock!

icon_mrgreen.gif Kaz icon_mrgreen.gif

Boyd didn't get shafted......they would have gotten the 2 seed in the other quad and had to play FCS rather early. As Commanderman will tell you, is a losing proposition. The tie breakers are fairly clear and Oneida didn't play a single cupcake out of their division. 5 of 6 teams in the Quad have 9-1 records....someone is bound to feel "shafted". Why is it Boyd, why isn't it Hampton or Siverdale? Oneida lost to arguably the top rated single A team in the state....a team that can conceivably also beat Maplewood. (didn't say they would, just saying it isn't a stretch to see it) Boyd still can earn the right to come up to the Reservation and beat Oneida, the team that effectively "took" their spot. Thats poppycock!

icon_mrgreen.gif Kaz icon_mrgreen.gif

Yes we did. We got shafted when the chickens Lancaster Christian dropped us, and we had to scramble and pick up a 10th game, which happen to be Maplewood. Had that not happen, then we would be 10-0 and you might be traveling. popcorneater.gif

Edited by reaction

What if the class AA teams Boyd played played in class A, do you think they'd have more wins Crow? I personally think Maplewood would be a 9-1 team at worst

Well if Alcoa & maryville played 1A they'd probably be 10-0 but that is irrelevant because they are not 1A schools. CM I'm a little disappointed in that post. Arrogant or not your post typically make good sense but that one just didn't make sense to me.

Oneida played 4 non-district games. 3 of them they played up in class & number 4 was greenback. What if oneida's larger class opponents played 1A? Don't know 'cause they aren't 1A schools.

Edited by crow

Sorry for the disappointment. I still think they got hosed lol they should be in our quad and we should meet in the third round

I don't disagree with that at all. Somewhere some how I'm sure there is a team out west that shouldn't be in. That would bump somebody who would bump somebody that would land Boyd back in quad 2. No I know you've gotta beat em all eventually but this road is rough. Let's take Boyd as an example. To get to the 'ville they'll have to beat rockwood, Oneida, the winner of Hampton/Silverdale/GCA, then quad 2 (probably FCS). That just gets 'em there. I've said it before, whoever ends up in the 'ville outta the east is gonna eat whoever comes from the west.