BTW Basketball

Btw1993

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TCA men's basketball non-district schedules are absolutely weak.

TCA record is 22-4, but if anybody regonize who they play, its terrible!

I looked at the TCA schedule to see how many "big wins" they have, and they do not have a big win, so in my opinion, they are NOT a state-tournament team.

TCA non-district schedule includes the following 6 teams: Clarksburg, Chester County, West Carroll, Milan, Madison, and Carroll Academy. Those 6 teams have a combine record of 36-115. THAT IS TERRIBLE!!!

Everybody wants to give TCA a lot of credit because they are 22-4, but does anybody recgonize who they play? NOBODY.

TCA has no room to talk when it comes out to the non-district games.

Hey Sparky,

TCA has a non district win against Lake County. You remember them don't you? Afterall, they knocked BTW out of the state tournament last season. But I guess that is not a big win because they are a "NOBODY" according to you. TCA has also played Humboldt who is currently ranked in the top 10 in the state. But according to you, they are "NOBODY".

Does the TCA schedule have a couple of week sisters on it? Absolutely. However, after taking a look at the entire TSSAA portion of the BTW schedule, outside of Westwood, your entire schedule is make up of weak sisters. According to Coach T, the BTW strength of schedule rating is 112 out of the 117 teams listed for Class A.

Please don't talk about the TCA schedule until you look in the mirror and take a look at your ownself. You have nobody on the TSSAA portion of your schedule that comes even remotely close to Lake County, Humboldt, and other teams on the TCA schedule.

Hey Cubs, now who is your team? You obviously don't know much about basketball period! We beat a very good Crockett County team who finished second in a tough 13AA district. Madison is in our district so we have no choice to play them. Get your facts straight before you start criticizing. JCS is a solid Class A team. West Carroll is one of the top two teams in their district. Have you seen TCA play? Extremely young team! Two Seniors that play a lot with a slew of freshmen and sophomores. That's a heck of a record for a young team. Why dont you get your teams coach to call our coach and see if we can get you on the schedule? We're trying to get a top 10 AA ranked Waverly on the schedule next year. Do you really think we are supposed to be able to compete with Liberty and Northside year in and year out when we have 60 students per class and they have 250? That's not going to happen. We also beat a very solid Lake County team. They are a whole lot better than their record. I assure you Adamsville will compete with anyone right now. They are much better than the beginning of the year. Good luck to your team in the post season! Maybe we will meet up!

Hey Cubs, now who is your team? You obviously don't know much about basketball period! We beat a very good Crockett County team who finished second in a tough 14aa district. Madison is in our district so we have no choice to play them. Get your facts straight before you start criticizing. JCS is a solid Class A team. West Carroll is one of the top two teams in their district. Have you seen TCA play? Extremely young team! Two Seniors that play a lot with a slew of freshmen and sophomores. That's a heck of a record for a young team. Why dont you get your teams coach to call our coach and see if we can get you on the schedule? We're trying to get a top 10 AA ranked Waverly on the schedule next year. Do you really think we are supposed to be able to compete with Liberty and Northside year in and year out when we have 60 students per class and they have 250? That's not going to happen. We also beat a very solid Lake County team. They are a whole lot better than their record. I assure you Adamsville will compete with anyone right now. They are much better than the beginning of the year. Good luck to your team in the post season! Maybe we will meet up!

So do you think South Side and Arlington will meet up with Arlington having 2.315 students, and South Side has 797 students? According to you that will not happened year in and year out, but it happened this year, and believe it or not South Side beat Arlington on Dec. 8 62-61. Pretty sure they will meet up again next year. Earlier in the season, JCS played Hardin County. JCS have 255 students, Hardin Co. has 1,123. Hardin County end up winning that game by 21, and TCA beat JCS by 19. So why not play Hardin County?

And why are you playing Chester County (810 students) and not South Side (797 students)? When you said that you can not compete with a team that have 200+ students in a class. But TCA have played Chester County 3 years straight.

I am not saying that you should play teams like Hardin County, North Side, South Side, Dyer County, and Bolivar year in and year out. Teams that have a higher enrollment, but also are better then TCA. Trinity does have talent, no guarentee about that, but I rather have my team 18-9 and play tough opponets, teams that challenge you and get you ready for tournament time. Instead of being 22-4 and played Milan and Carroll Academy with they combine with 5 wins, and that does not really get TCA any better.

Edited by cubs

So do you think South Side and Arlington will meet up with Arlington having 2.315 students, and South Side has 797 students? According to you that will not happened year in and year out, but it happened this year, and believe it or not South Side beat Arlington on Dec. 8 62-61. Pretty sure they will meet up again next year. Earlier in the season, JCS played Hardin County. JCS have 255 students, Hardin Co. has 1,123. Hardin County end up winning that game by 21, and TCA beat JCS by 19. So why not play Hardin County?

And why are you playing Chester County (810 students) and not South Side (797 students)? When you said that you can not compete with a team that have 200+ students in a class. But TCA have played Chester County 3 years straight.

I am not saying that you should play teams like Hardin County, North Side, South Side, Dyer County, and Bolivar year in and year out. Teams that have a higher enrollment, but also are better then TCA. Trinity does have talent, no guarentee about that, but I rather have my team 18-9 and play tough opponets, teams that challenge you and get you ready for tournament time. Instead of being 22-4 and played Milan and Carroll Academy with they combine with 5 wins, and that does not really get TCA any better.

Hey Cubs, first of all scheduling is more difficult than you think. You have to take into account the girls teams as well. Chester County perenially has a very good girls team. Is it fair to pull Chester County because the boys are not that good? CC boys has an outstanding coach in Tony Lambert and they will be solid over the next few years. They have some good young talent coming up. We added Lake County this year and Humboldt. Can we help it that Lake County is somewhat down(still a very good team though)? THey were state champs in '11 and beat some team called BTW last year in the state tournament. Humboldt, I would put them up against ANY team in Class A as far as athleticism and talent. Crockett County, have you seen them play? A very, very good AA team with a lot of talent. I realize this got started due to my criticism of BTW's schedule and I still stand firm on my comments. Do I think BTW is a great team? Absolutely! I would be shocked if they do not make it to the substate. BTW can't help that their district schedule is weak. It is what it is. You can't radically change your schedule overnight. We were very fortunate to add Lake County and Humboldt this year. We added Milan who is AA and is much better than their record. They will make some noise next year. We added Milan hoping to get more competition since they are AA. As far as competition we played Liberty in Summer Camp and lost by 1. Granted it was Summer camp and officiating is not the greatest and coaches play a lot of players but we were competitive. We also played Bolivar to a 7 point game in the Summer. We do not run from competition. Certainly we do not win all of those games but we can play with them. Let me give you an idea of how our freshmen team did this year. We were West Tennessee Freshmen Champions and went undefeated. We beat Liberty twice, McNairy Central, South Gibson, Dyersburg, Gibson County, Henry County, Obion County and beat a very, very good Martin Westview team in the finals by 20. That's 7 AA schools and 1 AAA school. We had three other wins against smaller schools. I would say that is playing the best competition. Three of those Freshmen are getting quality minutes on the Varsity team. As I stated earlier the Athletic Director has to factor in the girls as well. If we load up against too many AA or AAA teams it could hurt the girls. Certainly it could also help them as well. There is some talk about possibly going to Florida and playing in a big tournament next year along with scheduling a very tough Waverly team. Adding those games along with Humboldt and Lake County again will be provide a very tough schedule because you can be assured that Adamsville will be very, very tough and Middleton will just be Middleton(always good). And by the way, as far as your argument goes with USJ and football, I think they can play with any of those schools you mentioned. They whipped Southside pretty good this year. They can't help that their district schedule is weak. The TCA vs USJ FB game will be a good one this year. It will be very competitive. And once again CUbs, who is your team?

Hey Cubs, first of all scheduling is more difficult than you think. You have to take into account the girls teams as well. Chester County perenially has a very good girls team. Is it fair to pull Chester County because the boys are not that good? CC boys has an outstanding coach in Tony Lambert and they will be solid over the next few years. They have some good young talent coming up. We added Lake County this year and Humboldt. Can we help it that Lake County is somewhat down(still a very good team though)? THey were state champs in '11 and beat some team called BTW last year in the state tournament. Humboldt, I would put them up against ANY team in Class A as far as athleticism and talent. Crockett County, have you seen them play? A very, very good AA team with a lot of talent. I realize this got started due to my criticism of BTW's schedule and I still stand firm on my comments. Do I think BTW is a great team? Absolutely! I would be shocked if they do not make it to the substate. BTW can't help that their district schedule is weak. It is what it is. You can't radically change your schedule overnight. We were very fortunate to add Lake County and Humboldt this year. We added Milan who is AA and is much better than their record. They will make some noise next year. We added Milan hoping to get more competition since they are AA. As far as competition we played Liberty in Summer Camp and lost by 1. Granted it was Summer camp and officiating is not the greatest and coaches play a lot of players but we were competitive. We also played Bolivar to a 7 point game in the Summer. We do not run from competition. Certainly we do not win all of those games but we can play with them. Let me give you an idea of how our freshmen team did this year. We were West Tennessee Freshmen Champions and went undefeated. We beat Liberty twice, McNairy Central, South Gibson, Dyersburg, Gibson County, Henry County, Obion County and beat a very, very good Martin Westview team in the finals by 20. That's 7 AA schools and 1 AAA school. We had three other wins against smaller schools. I would say that is playing the best competition. Three of those Freshmen are getting quality minutes on the Varsity team. As I stated earlier the Athletic Director has to factor in the girls as well. If we load up against too many AA or AAA teams it could hurt the girls. Certainly it could also help them as well. There is some talk about possibly going to Florida and playing in a big tournament next year along with scheduling a very tough Waverly team. Adding those games along with Humboldt and Lake County again will be provide a very tough schedule because you can be assured that Adamsville will be very, very tough and Middleton will just be Middleton(always good). And by the way, as far as your argument goes with USJ and football, I think they can play with any of those schools you mentioned. They whipped Southside pretty good this year. They can't help that their district schedule is weak. The TCA vs USJ FB game will be a good one this year. It will be very competitive. And once again CUbs, who is your team?

That is the part i absolutely agree with you. TCA have the best freshmen and South Side have the best Sophomores in West Tennessee. Honestly, I am assuming that you get to what I am saying, instead of playing Carroll Academy, play Bolivar or Liberty, it helps with both boys and girls teams, because they players are getting better. I believe that TCA will have a chance to get to state this year, not next year, but the 2 years after when those Freshmens are becoming Juniors and Seniors. I just hope that this happens. And meanwhile, on the USJ FB scenario. I don't think that USJ can hang around with teams like North Side, Liberty, Lexington, Milan, and Memphis Ridgeway etc. And the reason why I say that is because USJ scored 19 points against South Side, and North Side scored 42 points in the 1st half against South Side. I am also looking forward with the TCA vs USJ FB game, because of the great young athletics that TCA have in both basketball and football (and maybe baseball). And really do think that TCA can beat USJ. Meanwhile my team is North Side.

Hey Cubs, first of all I have a lot of respect for NS. What a heck of a FB team you had this year. Beech has the best RB in the nation and you almost pulled it off. Hope the Vols get him! NS has always had a solid basketball program! I agree with you and understand your point of playing better competition makes you better even if you lose. Let me address Carroll Academy though. We play CA as an opportunity for ministry. These are troubled kids that need support. We always play them during the day and half of our school cheers for them and half for us. We give them gifts and have a devotion with them. Our starters only play about a quarter. They can't get the AA and AAA schools to play them and understandably so. We don't play them for the W's, we play them for the ministry opportunity and its doubtful we will give that game up. It's during the day, usually a Wednesday, so it doesn't interfere with other games. You could argue we are 20-4 versus 22-4 if you discount those games but those kids at CA deserve to get to play and we always agree to play them. Next week a new season begins and I look forward to seeing it all play out. We have two really tough games after Sacred Heart. We have to get by SH first. They have some new eligible players so we can't look past them. They are very scrappy and well coached!

Edited by TCAIntense

Hey Cubs, first of all I have a lot of respect for NS. What a heck of a FB team you had this year. Beech has the best RB in the nation and you almost pulled it off. Hope the Vols get him! NS has always had a solid basketball program! I agree with you and understand your point of playing better competition makes you better even if you lose. Let me address Carroll Academy though. We play CA as an opportunity for ministry. These are troubled kids that need support. We always play them during the day and half of our school cheers for them and half for us. We give them gifts and have a devotion with them. Our starters only play about a quarter. They can't get the AA and AAA schools to play them and understandably so. We don't play them for the W's, we play them for the ministry opportunity and its doubtful we will give tha game up. It's during the day, usually a Wednesday, so it doesn't interfere with other games. You could argue we are 20-4 versus 22-4 if you discount those games but those kids at CA deserve to get to play and we always agree to play them. Next week a new season begins and I look forward to seeing it all play out. We have two really tough games after Sacred Heart. We have to get by SH first. They have some new eligible players so we can't look past them. They are very scrappy and well coached!

I agree I hope the Vols gets him, and i hope that Butch Jones relize that he is #1 overall protential in the NFL draft. Alabama doesn't want to be a running back, so Jalen Hurd doesn't want to go there. He have offers from about 15+ Big D1 Schools (he is only a Junior) and he has an invation to the US Army showcase game on Jan.4, 2014 on NBC.

Meanwhile, on the CA part, i knew those kids were in trouble and need help. Honestly, i did not know that ya'll did that, as far as gifts and support. I know a lot of teams does not want to play CA because its a practice scrimmage. But ya'll guys played them and showed support.

I always have respect with TCA because I was attending a middle school game against Northeast at Trinity, and after the boys game, I was kinda following this player who told that Trinity was one of his High School choice. And I kinda was still following him and talking to him and everytime as i talk to the player, there was someone that wearing TCA gear, interrupting our talk and telling the NE kid a good game, giving him high-5's, and all the players gave him handshakes and all the TCA middle school cheerleaders gave him a hug and telling him good game.

That is why i give a lot of respect to Trinity and everything that supports the school as in the athletics dept, etc.. (I apologize for telling you a story)