Top Posters In This Topic

I bet this is how this got started....

Alcoa player: "Coach Rankin, Central isn't playing by the rules"

Rankin: "what do you mean?"

Alcoa player: "They're not laying down and letting us just walk over them"

Rankin: "You mean they're playing dirty?"

Alcoa player: "Yeah, that's it, that is dirty"

Rankin: "Don't worry, I've got a play for that.... Whine on 2, Whine on 2"

Your kid has ice on his knee, after a football game, and other kids were limping off, during a football game.....you might want to consider going with "alcoamommy". I thought Alcoa was "physical"!

lol...funny (sarcasm). i enjoy reading what people write and rarely respond to what is said, but what I saw and heard was a coach repeatedly telling his players to forget what the other guys are doing and play your game, but I guess you had a better view than i did. i've gone back and watched every play. central was completely man-handled by alcoa's o-line.

to one of your proponents...74 didn't choke anybody, but i guess when a bigger, stronger kid overpowers a weaker one it's easier to say that. whining???? i have watched this kid as a starter since his sophomore year...he's strong and intense and finishes blocks, not dirty, but whatever excuse you need. 69 struggled all night with him. no excuse for walking by number 74 and punching him in the groin (he wasn't kicked) we've seen how powerful alcoa's o-line is and has dominated all season. central has not seen the proficiency and strength 55 and 74 bring each week. too bad for them, but not alcoa's problem. no excuse for intentionally reverting to questionable tactics out of desperation...all night long.

I remember a couple of years ago of some of CAK's fans (notice I said some, not all) complaining after a close game with Polk County. Said they were dirty. Us country boys must play football a little different than you city boys. Dirtier? no, just different!

Edited by PayDirt

Does a personal foul penalty not come from a player doing something dirty? Was Alcoa not the first team to have a personal foul. Alcoa held all night but guess what, refs didn't call it. Blatant hits In the back not called on the all mighty disciplined team. After examining the film dirty can be seen in maroon. Forgot to mention the helmets being ripped off our guys.

This game and thread highlight the biggest difference between Alcoa and their staunch rival Maryville. Was this game chippy, certainly. Was there some dirty play, probably. But Alcoa has won 8 of the last 9 state titles. Just because your opponents don't bow and kiss your ring doesn't mean you can't win with class. You've been there before, so act like it. Until Alcoa has a little more class,they will continue to be Maryville's little brother.

SHAME ON YOU IF YOU IF YOU THINK THAT IS HOW YOU PLAY FOOTBALL I KNOW MY LINEMEN IS LAYING IN BED NOW WITH HIS LEG ELEVATED WITH ICE ON HIS KNEE AND SEVERAL OTHERS LIMPED AWAY FROM THE GAME!! SIMPLY UNACCEPTABLE LACK OF CLASS ON YOUR OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE LINES PART TO SIMPLY TRY TO HURT AND MAME BY DIVING TWISTING AND GRABING AT KNEES THE ENTIRE GAME!!! IF THIS IS HOW FOOTBALL IS TAUGHT IN MCMINN IM GLAD MY KID DOESNT LIVE THERE!!!

YOU WOULDNT KNOW CLASS IF IT SNUCK UP BEHIND YOU AND BIT YOU IN THE ARSE. OH WAIT! THAT'S THE ALCOA WAY. YOU AND THE REST OF THE MAROON CANT STAND THE FACT THAT A 5-5 TEAM GAVE YOU ALL YOU WANTED. TAKE OFF THE "ROSE" COLORED GLASSES AND SEE IT FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS. THE MAROON WAS EMBARRASSED BY THEIR LACK OF PREPAREDNESS TO TAKE ON THE 5-5 CHARGERS. WASNT THE ACCUSTOMED FRIDAY NIGHT CAKE WALK FOR THE TORNADOES, AND WHEN FACED WITH HAVING TO MAN UP, THEY DIDNT KNOW HOW. THAT WAS MORE THAN OBVIOUS BY THE CHEAP SHOTS THE TORNADOES HABITUALLY THREW OUT.

SHAME ON YOU IF YOU IF YOU THINK THAT IS HOW YOU PLAY FOOTBALL I KNOW MY LINEMEN IS LAYING IN BED NOW WITH HIS LEG ELEVATED WITH ICE ON HIS KNEE AND SEVERAL OTHERS LIMPED AWAY FROM THE GAME!! SIMPLY UNACCEPTABLE LACK OF CLASS ON YOUR OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE LINES PART TO SIMPLY TRY TO HURT AND MAME BY DIVING TWISTING AND GRABING AT KNEES THE ENTIRE GAME!!! IF THIS IS HOW FOOTBALL IS TAUGHT IN MCMINN IM GLAD MY KID DOESNT LIVE THERE!!!

And I am GLAD my children didn't go to Alcoa and get coached by a cowardly coach...one not man enough or have enough sportsmanship to shake our teams hands. Coach Goodin has never spoken badly about any other team or their coaches we have ever played. No matter how mad the parents or team gets, he never speaks badly. This game is FOOTBALL, not ballet. The bottom line is Alcoa was not prepared for our team. They underestimated our team and the news articles were written to cover his own rear. It made him look bad for a 5-5 team to come in and keep his score down. He was not MAN enough to admit that. If Central was truly as "dirty" as the lies published, don't you think they would have had a 10-0 season??? Seriously, we got beat by Sequoyah, Polk, Kingston, etc. THAT is what makes Alcoa look bad. Excuses, excuses, excuses. That is all I hear.