Covington's playoff road to the gold

cantstopthatCP

Covington will be just fine, thanks. We lost in the playoffs last year one game short of the title game and the players and coaches want to better our performance this year.

We have talent and we have preparation. Our on field performance this year speaks for itself. There is a reason that the TSSAA playoff rankings had Covington as the #1 team in 4A at the end of the year.

Regardless, I am sure that others in 4A are rightly proud of their teams. All I can say is "lace 'em up and let's go play". Message board talk will get you nothing. Win and advance. Lose and go home.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Covington has a great tradition and has played worthy of their ranking this year. I am really looking forward to 4A football playoff games this year as I believe this will be the best class in terms of quality teams in comparison to the other 5 public divisions and and even the 2 private classes.

Agree, should be good, Greenville, Signal Mtn, Covington, Giles, Livingston, Lexington. Look out for darkhorse DeKalb Cty.

Just listened to the Tennessee sports network High school football show. They had Milan's coach on there and he was asked about the 2 losses that they have this year. He said that loss to Covington was just a loss to a better team. He also stated that he felt like Covington had the best team that he had coached against in 10 or 12 years. They guy hosting him also had very nice things to say about the chargers, stating that he has been back and forth from Giles Co and Covington on his pick to win the gold ball and that he finally settled on Covington. Covington is getting some love up here in Middle Tennessee.

Covington is good... But so are the other teams especially in the last 2 rounds. Gonna take the same effort they have been giving plus some breaks as well. Covington will earn respect when they bring the championship home. If they don't do it this year they will be hard pressed to do it again anytime soon. They have a very unique group of seniors on this team and this kind of talent may not come around again for awhile. Go Chargers!!!

One game at a time Chargers..focus practice only on game at hand each Friday nite..play with heart toughness as you have all year..the others(Giles ,Greeneville ) ragging on you have games they need to win to advance and doesnt matter at the moment..The district is behind you 100 %....

GO CHARGERS

Will be anxious to see how the Chargers come out this week. With 2 or 3 players being injured in a car wreck this week, the defensive line will look a little bit different without a key lineman for a week or 2. 1 or 2 of the linebackers and a running back will also miss the game Friday night due to injurys from that same car wreck.

Covington isn't worried about Giles Co right now. If and when that time comes, Giles will be worried about Covigton, I assure you.

You're right, Covington should not worry about Giles Co. right now but both being undefeated in the regular season, the fans at least are thinking about it. I'm a Giles Co. fan but I am impressed with the Covington team having watched some of their video. If it does happens, it will be fun to watch. Of course, I think Giles Co. is just too talented for any team in this classification to handle.