Board of Control NOT much Balance

coachfoozeball

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They seem to be having it pretty good regardless, no forced push into Division II and the mutliplier rule having the new exception allowing a couple of the top programs to stay in the smallest regular season class.

Squaw,

You got any idea who will be nominated to serve on the Board of Control from Athletic District 3 at the East Grand Division meeting Monday November 5?

The TSSAA and the majority of the schools wanted the 5-class system. It was the BOC that voted in the 6-class system. My solution is this: Eliminate the Board of Control and the Legislative Council. With the technology we have today, each member school gets to vote online on all business matters. Only the principal or AD's have access to this. A school or TSSAA can make a proposal and the schools vote. The majority wins (example: if the there are 300 members, a 151-149 vote wins). The TSSAA can gather enrollment figures every four years, draw up classes, districts, and regions. The schools vote for approval. Class A votes on class A matters, class AA on class AA stuff, and class AAA on class AAA stuff. Only football playing schools vote on football matters. Same for the other sports also. Public/Private split can be voted on by entire membership. That's my two cents worth. Anybody else like to tweak my proposal, say I'm nuts, or what not. LOL!

the problem with this as I see it, it's make too much sense for the TSSAA to grasp it. In all my years I have never seen an organisation as enept as this present TSSAA bunch. Never!! The sad part, they are too dumb to know they are dumb. Sad, sad, sad.

All CLASSES are not supposed to be represented. All areas are. TSSAA divides the state into athletic districs by county. District one being upper east TN counties, District two being the valley around Knoxville and the upper Cumberland region, etc. Each representitive on the board should represent the same number of schools. I have never done the math to see how close it is. One vote per athletic district is never going to make both large and small schools, not to mention privates, happy.

Well they made a vote that affected ALL classes by staying with 6 classes for football and One man even voted different from his 70-30% just to benefit his school and I guess the 30%. No reason to have a vote if you are not going to go with the MAJORITY of your area. If we are going to have 8 state champions for the 8 divisions of football then there should be a representative from EVERY division on a vote such as this. Explain how the majority of the state wanted 5 classes and in his area 70% wanted 5 classes but the principal at Sequatichie votes for 6??????