MBA and Father Ryan-blowout or upset?

deadaim

The MBA first half performance last week against JPII was the worst of the year and when it appeared that they would be overrun, reinforcements arrived with a mean streak in the third quarter to save the night. Will MBA play flat against Ryan? If so, they will lose for the first time this century I believe. Ryan has had its ups and downs and will have to play its best game of the year-with a little luck- to win Friday night. First match up was 28-3 but look for this one to be a little closer with the seniors on Ryan's team having their back to the wall. MBA favored by 13.

The MBA first half performance last week against JPII was the worst of the year and when it appeared that they would be overrun, reinforcements arrived with a mean streak in the third quarter to save the night. Will MBA play flat against Ryan? If so, they will lose for the first time this century I believe. Ryan has had its ups and downs and will have to play its best game of the year-with a little luck- to win Friday night. First match up was 28-3 but look for this one to be a little closer with the seniors on Ryan's team having their back to the wall. MBA favored by 13.

Ryan will have some confidence after scoring three late touchdowns on the Ensworth reserves, but I'll bet MBA got its wakeup call a week too soon for the Irish. I'll take MBA and the points.

Big Red 31, Irish 7

I was at the Father Ryan vs. Ensworth Game and Father Ryan is not bad. They have a full back that must have hit the middle at full speed at least 35-40 times and was still going full speed at the end of the game. I bet he was really sore on Saturday morning. They have several really good athletes and they play really hard. If MBA doesn't come to play it could be a close game.

I'll take FR and the points. MBA wins 28-21.

Father Ryan will get killed in their final game of the year and it will also be the last year Lussier ever coaching the Irish. Because they have been killed by every team in the state that is any good and by some that arent any good (ex. JPII and Hillwood). Just last week they got rung up for around 50 points to Ensworth. And people like to say that Lussier has good D's every year. Final score MBA 35- FRHS 6 a fitting way for Bruce Lussier to end his career.

Father Ryan will get killed in their final game of the year and it will also be the last year Lussier ever coaching the Irish. Because they have been killed by every team in the state that is any good and by some that arent any good (ex. JPII and Hillwood). Just last week they got rung up for around 50 points to Ensworth. And people like to say that Lussier has good D's every year. Final score MBA 35- FRHS 6 a fitting way for Bruce Lussier to end his career.

MBA wins 17-7 and does not cover the 13 point spread. Running the ball up and down the field and either fumbling or getting stopped on the one yard line does not cut it anymore at this stage of the season. If there is no significant improvement this next week, the season will end at Christian Brothers.

For all the Ryan guys that are in pain.....you do need a new coach. Your kids are gutsy and played tough but they had no chance to win because of the coaching. The MBA announcers were even lamenting "the wasted plays" and not getting the ball to your best offensive players. Get rid of your coach and you have some light next year as you have talent. If you don't fire him, your journey into the wilderness of mediocrity will continue a long, long time.