Portland @ Centennial

PPride

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow what a team Centennial has. This team compared to the other teams were comparable to Beech. By far the fastest team we faced all year. They are a lot better than their record. Congrats to them and wish them and Beech all the luck. Still a great season for us in Portland. Going to miss them seniors...course baseball is just a few weeks away lol

GAME DAY!!! This is it ladies and gentlemen! Tonight, two large cats leave it all on the field. All Panther fans have a safe trip down. All Cougar fans, get ready for the ole single-wing. If you haven't seen it, it's impressive. The fun part is trying to figure out which guy in purple and white has the ball! Good luck to both teams, but, as always, more luck to my Panthers! icon_e_smile.gif I pray both teams have an injury free game.

I found it finally, problem is this is your last thread this season. I think we'll have a couple more to go. It must stink to be in 5A dont it? I think sumner will keep Westmoreland a couple more years anyway. We are going to generate more gate money than Portland come Friday night.

GAME DAY!!! This is it ladies and gentlemen! Tonight, two large cats leave it all on the field. All Panther fans have a safe trip down. All Cougar fans, get ready for the ole single-wing. If you haven't seen it, it's impressive. The fun part is trying to figure out which guy in purple and white has the ball! Good luck to both teams, but, as always, more luck to my Panthers! icon_e_smile.gif I pray both teams have an injury free game.

The boxscore in the Tennessean indicates the ole single wing produced 82 yards on 24 carries.

Edited by BT Mafia

Wow. Only 24 snaps of offense? Sounds like the cougars did a great job holding on to the clock and the single wing on the bench. I think that is the first game all season that portland was held to under 300 yards. Congrats to them on a great season! I think Sumner will keep them as well Posty.

I also see where Cenntinial is moving to 6A so this will be thier last go at a 5A title.

Wow. Only 24 snaps of offense? Sounds like the cougars did a great job holding on to the clock and the single wing on the bench. I think that is the first game all season that portland was held to under 300 yards. Congrats to them on a great season! I think Sumner will keep them as well Posty.

I also see where Cenntinial is moving to 6A so this will be thier last go at a 5A title.

No, 24 run plays. They threw it 13 times, kicked a fg and punted several times so somewhere around 40 total snaps.

Centennial was previously 6A and stayed that way even after Inpendence opened and decimated enrollment. Finally dropped to 5A but rezoning bumps them back. They played seven 6A teams this year they are used to playing at that level.

No, 24 run plays. They threw it 13 times, kicked a fg and punted several times so somewhere around 40 total snaps.

Centennial was previously 6A and stayed that way even after Inpendence opened and decimated enrollment. Finally dropped to 5A but rezoning bumps them back. They played seven 6A teams this year they are used to playing at that level.

Centennial has beaten up on 6A opponents this year for a change however the 6A schools on their schedule were fairly weak. It's too bad that Centennial cannot put a stop to the open zone so they could continue in 5A. It's going to take several years in 6A before they will be able to compete with teams like Siegel, Riverdale, Maryville, Whitehaven, and so on. Clarksville NE will have plenty of speed to match up. It should be a shoot out this week. Win it now while 5A is still a reality.

"Bones never lie"