Region 1-AAA (District 1 and 2)

TommyMan37604

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw where SH plays in KY this weekend? Anyone got any info on that? Also, If you were either team from Fridays game who should be more upset with the game? I would have to say SH since they have left some hope for teams now with "a close" game in this region. Congrats to DB as well. They really handled West a lot better than I thought. The Morresstte's really got things going. They might just be my sleeper pick to knock off someone in the tourney. I agree that we may have an all D1 semi final at ??? WHere is the region? If that is the case. Our league may just be better than we think.

Good game last night at South. I thought losing their pg really hurt them. She is like the little engine that could a lot of games. Boone seems to playing a better now and has a chance to climb to the 4 spot, maybe 3 if DB tanks the last two weeks with South THS and SH on the schedule,. which is really no different than 5. South seems to be in a tuff spot with THS and DB this week. The Volunteer win may just keep them out of the 6 spot. I am going to say we have a 3 way tie with 7 and 7 for spots 456, If that is the case how to they determine seeding?

Well this season's almost over and believe me it has been very hard to keep quite.

Everyone in Falcon Land is so grateful to have such a great athletic director and coaching staff.

I don't think any other group could have taken our entire sports program to a level that a few short years ago we could have only imagined!

Keep up the good work!

Update for IMAC (D2-AAA)...

The scenario for the tops seeds...

Cocke County wins IMAC with a victory over Seymour, plus one more win (Cherokee or South-Doyle)...regardless of Morristown West's results in final two games

Cocke County and Morristown West tie for the top spot (coin flip) if the Lady Trojans win out and Cocke County loses to Seymour, and wins over Cherokee and South-Doyle

Morristown West wins the IMAC by winning out, and Cocke County loses to Seymour and Cherokee or South-Doyle

Seymour hosts the D2-AAA tournament this year. I believe the format has switched to one similar to D4-AAA, with byes into the semifinals for the 1 and 2 seeds. In the quarterfinals, the 3 seed plays the 6/7 winner of round one, and the 4 seed plays 5/8 winner from round one.

Edited by EastTNFan7

Heh...if you say so, but please use correct facts. Morristown West owns a rather convincing (18 pts) win over Dobyns-Bennett, and is a missed layup at the horn away from upsetting Sci Hill in their barn.

As for the tournament...it's really no different than the old days when the 1 and 2 had a first round bye before the big district realignment. And you can bash the format all you want, D4-AAA and other districts have used it for years. The IMAC flipped to it so they could bring all the teams back to a neutral site, and not have a tournament that stretches over a whole week. Last year, with the "everyone plays first round" format, they had to use satellite games in the first round, which didn't draw very well. Call it what you want, but "protecting the top seeds" really wasn't the primary reason for the format change.