Fairview @ Cheatham #2

bigdaddy67

Great input by all! One more day and its on! I heard that our game has been voted game of the week by news 2:)

I voted on wsmv.com channel 4. I got a feeling you guys better clear off your helipad over there. If Rudy doesn't fly in for this one, he just can't like good football.

Edited by Jacketman89

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he flew in for the first one so he should. im a luttle disappointed. bigdaddy been saying yhey will get to play the undrrdog card again but i pointef coacht members picked chestham to win in the big ones contest. then low and behold the tennessean prep picks picked fairview to win. guess we break even. no under dogs in this one

2 writers for the Tennessean have FV picked to win.

I think Cheatham was predicted to lose to Fairview in the Week Zero matchup as well. In fact, I think Cheatham has been predicted to lose to Fairview (twice), Sycamore, Mt. Pleasant, and Camden this year. If the Cubs are able to move on this week they'll be projected to lose to the winner of the Westmoreland-CPA game as well. Heck! Grundy County's coach stated that the Cubs were the 4th best team that they'd played all year. I'm sure he was saying that South Pittsburg, Signal Mountain, and Notre Dame are all better than the Cubs. A Westmoreland fan (Mr. Postman) said a few weeks back that the Cubs are "overrated" and that they have benefited from playing a weaker schedule. Even a South Gibson poster (see the thread titled "New 3A Powerhouse") stated that the Cubs played terrible competition.

RESPECT is not given it is earned and this year's Cheatham team will never listen to their "naysayers". They know what they are and they know what it takes to be successful. They'll go out tomorrow night and play hard against a very talented and well-coached Fairview team.

I don't know how tomorrow night's game will turn out but I do know that this season has been one amazing ride for the people of Ashland City and it is because of this group of Cubs that this is possible. I hope it is able to continue for at least another week. Go Cubs!