Westmoreland @ CPA

coachrus

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to take anything away from the players on the field on friday, but I think coaching is what really gives CPA the advantage in most games, and I think it will be the difference this week. I'm not familiar at all with Westmoreland, or most of their opponents this year, but a 18-0 win over Goodpasture is impressive even if they were missing players. 4 shutouts this year for Westmoreland, so the defense is solid, but I venture to guess that they haven't faced anybody like CPA, who has proven to be versatile and dangerous on offense, and their D isn't too shabby. Hoping for a good game on friday. Go lions! Defend the Den!

Westmoreland has only played two good teams all year...and lost to both handily. That doesn't bode well for them.

As far as Antwan wondering why PP would claim us. We are all asking our selves the same for Portland. Ask PP about the mass exodus out of P-town to greener pastors. The junior that ran the 99.6 yard kickoff return the other night(D.J. Smith) played for Portland all through junior high. Decided to make Westmoreland his home last season. Heck of a ball player. Lots of folks dont like the atmosphere out there in Portland these days. Lots of Hilly Billy thugs running around from the sound of things out there. I grew up with all Portland folks on one side of my family. Never have liked the Panthers but I guess I do pull for Sumner teams but its harder to pull for them than any.

Wow! Portland must have really put a hurt'n on you when you played to have so much hatred built up! I'm sure DJ's parents had nothing to do with his decision to move away. huh.png And I know several thousand folks who do like the atmosphere here, businesses too. Just because you don't doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. And, maybe your height has affected your hearing somewhat, as well. You know you're not supposed to believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see. So get a grip, Post-hole! dry.png You haven't heard me say one derrogatory statement about your little East Sumner Co. town. Westmoreland should have been called Westmacon! ph34r.png

Edited by PPride

I'm assuming you are a Motown fan. Good to see some more postersfrom our fine town. Like Termite said, I do have a kid on the team but he only gets to play on extra point team. He did start the first game of the year at D tackle while they were trying to find the best sophmore for the job but the man who won out has done a tremendous job(Luke Hall). I love Westmoreland "football". All people have hobbies and mine just so happens to be Westmoreland highschool football. I would love to see us win a state championship. I do get on here a little more when I have a dog in the hunt. In 06 "last time we won the region" I had 2 cousins on the team. The next few years a dear friend of mine had a son on the team. 09 rolled around and I undertook a large construction project that kept me away from the program for about a year and a half or so. While this was going on I had a boy playing middle school ball so I wasnt able to attend as many highschool games that year. Coincidently this was the same year we were going through an unsuccessful coaching change. Coach Kelly stepped back in an help to right the ship and now you see we are back on track with a Jackie Kelly protigy at the helm. I enjoy having these guys at the house every Thursday night playing paintball in the woods back there and eating what ever the other parents help to furnish for the weeks menu. I would like to say I appreciate the support I have seen from all the parents. ld love to invite every member from the Westmoreland highschool football Team including managers and coaches Thursday night to celebrate the playoff win and also to get pumped for the 2nd round action. We will win this thing if we go in emotionally charged like we were Friday. If you would like to help out Thursday night get together just email me at dbooker@nctc.com and I will get back to you on how to do so. If not just keep posting on here and support the eagle program.

Booker huh?!...and all this time I thought you was Buzz Black. 8-)

Yeah...Macon played 10 good teams...right? Nah... SC beat both teams that beat the MO...but did get beaten by 3 very good teams.

Antwan, you all can hang your hat on beating the 2 teams that beat the big MO. That is quite an accomplishment. Especially when we are in the finals. Youll really have something to crow about. Just remember. White House had 5 players out the night ya'll played um and you got Gordy the first game they played of the year and ya'll already had a warm up. There's a reason they have preseason games in the NFL and all large colleges like to get a warm up game before going into the meat of their season. I'd say Gordy would stomp a mud hole in your hind parts if you played tonight. I'd say they'll make Smith County proud again this year when their winning another gold ball. Go over there and you can see it in their trophy case. Good thing for ya'll it wont be too far to drive to see one.

Antwan, you all can hang your hat on beating the 2 teams that beat the big MO. That is quite an accomplishment. Especially when we are in the finals. Youll really have something to crow about. Just remember. White House had 5 players out the night ya'll played um and you got Gordy the first game they played of the year and ya'll already had a warm up. There's a reason they have preseason games in the NFL and all large colleges like to get a warm up game before going into the meat of their season. I'd say Gordy would stomp a mud hole in your hind parts if you played tonight. I'd say they'll make Smith County proud again this year when their winning another gold ball. Go over there and you can see it in their trophy case. Good thing for ya'll it wont be too far to drive to see one.

Postie, we also had starters out against WH. Is it our fault GV doesn't play a game before us?? It's their choice. You have no room to talk if you haven't beat our district champ!

Postie, we also had starters out against WH. Is it our fault GV doesn't play a game before us?? It's their choice. You have no room to talk if you haven't beat our district champ!

I guess I'll take playing another game in the playoffs. By the way, I guess you could say we beat Sycamore 39-6 then in return they beat the white house team you beat 20-18 if your comparing scores like that 0595.

I guess I'll take playing another game in the playoffs. By the way, I guess you could say we beat Sycamore 39-6 then in return they beat the white house team you beat 20-18 if your comparing scores like that 0595.

I'm not comparing scores.. I never compare scores because you never know what will happen.

I'm not comparing scores.. I never compare scores because you never know what will happen.

I will agree with you on that. Back to talking alittle football. The match up is big in highschool football. Some teams match up better than others with others. I think we match up well with CPA this week. We can win this game.

Nah...they didn't have 5 out...that was SC...lol

Edited by Antwan