d1 106 rankings

wrestlingswag

I don't usually post on here since i cant find the time but i could not help myself after hearing all the parents sitting in bleachers talking about Devan Cyree has weighed 120 this weekend...lmao. Well let me clear your minds. Devan has NEVER in his life weighed 120..In case you dads who like gossip in the stands didn't know, some kids wrestle up beginning the season and because kids at their actual weight aren't challenging enough...happens all the time...that being said Devan weighed in this weekend at 110..and hasn't cut any weight...Devan had cubital tunnel syndrome in both elbows through all of last season ...had to have surgery over the summer on both elbows..yes 2 surgerys..he had roughly a minute of wrestling in both of his arms last season b4 losing all feeling and still managed 4 th. During recovery He watched what he ate and ran all summer b cause he couldnt wrestle. He goes to utc with his brother when the sessions r going..and anywhere he can get a workout in...He puts in the work...thats how he manages his weight and lil brother does the same...So b4 you guys start talking about kids cheating...get your facts str8...i can give u a list of coaches who would vouch for devan making weight..and his lil brother barely tips scales at 100...would be too small to compete with the top kids when they r cutting from weighing in the teens...

Edited by twimbelton

• 2 weeks later...

Coach and staff are great...very impressed with coaches..Coach logston here today...awesome stuff....does get a lil frustrating tryin to compete with the best in the state with no one close to competing in your gym...as we all know, practice partners r a definite plus..coaching staff is fantastic...just takes time to build a program...a luxery we dont have...we arent goin anywhere...kids love it here and al and lester are doin great work with both my kids...and not moving another kid because of wrestling alone....if u know what i mean...thanks for asking