Most Physical Team in 4A Playoffs

TriplesAlley

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giles Co.

No.1 ranked scoring defense across all divisions in the state. They fly to the ball and gang tackle like Kim Kardashian is carrying the ball. Every player on the defense is a high quality player. They play their resoposibllities then they shut it down. Not a thug in the bunch, play smart, strong and till the whistle blows.

Oh yeah..when 22 is carrying the ball, he is looking to deliver the hit!

Edited by likearock

Giles Co.

No.1 ranked scoring defense across all divisions in the state. They fly to the ball and gang tackle like Kim Kardashian is carrying the ball. Every player on the defense is a high quality player. They play their resoposibllities then they shut it down. Not a thug in the bunch, play smart, strong and till the whistle blows.

Oh yeah..when 22 is carrying the ball, he is looking to deliver the hit!

I know fairview is just 3a, but the DE #90 really impressed me verse Smith Co. Love to hit hard, very agressive. What the Giles opinion of that kid?

I know fairview is just 3a, but the DE #90 really impressed me verse Smith Co. Love to hit hard, very agressive. What the Giles opinion of that kid?

number 90?. just checked roster and didnt see a number 90. three d lineman i can think of would be cooper stevenson,sam edmonson, and jacob buttrey.

His name is Cooper Stevenson. He wears #90 in white and #88 in black. His mother passed mid season, bless his heart. He had 5 bone jarring sacks the same week against Marshall County! Let me say maybe it's not my place to mention that, but he's a remarkable young man who I think recharged and inspired the Yellow Jackets with his strength and will. Thanks for mentioning him.

Edited by Jacketman89

Coopers mom will be in a better place and to hi family I send my prayers .. One of the teams that a very small but will hit you in the mout is Covington .. #26 don't know the kids name but he will put it on you .. Didn't get to go to Covington hill rest game but heard on the radio he had a collision with somebody while retuning a punt

Coopers mom will be in a better place and to hi family I send my prayers .. One of the teams that a very small but will hit you in the mout is Covington .. #26 don't know the kids name but he will put it on you .. Didn't get to go to Covington hill rest game but heard on the radio he had a collision with somebody while retuning a punt

Prayers go out to Cooper and his family.

Covington is a fairly physical team. Atleast they seemed to be on against Milan. Don't remember the kids number, but one guy for Covington delivered a knockout lick to a Milan player, left the Milan player not knowing where he was and running to the wrong side line. Needless to say that was the last play the kid was in on the rest of the game. Also towards the end of the game the long snapper delivered a lick to the punt return man of Milan and caused a fumble that all but ended the game.

Giles is a physical team, but to me offering defensive stats about points allowed and scoring defense is a poor example of physicality. You don't have to be very physical at all to not give up points.

Lexington to me has to be one of the top physical teams as well. They have a history of being very physical, although I have seen many big hits from them while looking at some highlight videos.