Proposed Districts

Omniscience

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Big change for Covington. Moves us out of District 13 and puts us in 15, with Jackson schools.... Central Merry, Northside, and Liberty. It keeps us with Haywood and Ripley, though.

If this holds up, It will be interesting to see who we play for our non-conference games. I assume that Munford and Brighton remain as in-county foes, but that leaves room for 3 other teams.

This could be interesting, especially since Covington loses 22 seniors.

I'm surprised they kept the Polk group with four teams basically. Collegedale unless things have changed, or will, has only tennis and cross-country as TSSAA sports. I think they do play other similar schools in basketball. At the most, I thought they'd move Polk and McMinn Central into Chattanooga, with Sequoyah and Sweetwater going north. At the least, I was expecting Loudon and Kingston, maybe just Loudon, to go in with them.

The Memphis Class A group has only 7 football playing schools which made it easier to have that many total. In basketball they will probably divide into sub-districts then go from there in the postseason.