Boyd Buc @ Grace Christian

reaction

Good to meet you and i finally me pujo!

Good to meet you to. Got to meet up with a lot of "Ters". '55 good to see you again. Finally put faces with pujo and 91Landers, very nice talking to all the Hampton crew as always. Even talked with a guy from Silverdale & South Pitt that will remain nameless by request but very nice meeting you as well. Skydogg, not sure where you were but maybe I'll catch up with ya in the 'ville in a couple weeks, noticed Jr. snagged a couple last night though :thumb: This was a pretty good game & I know some of the Buc faithful were pretty nervous for a while but I never really got the impression that Grace was really ever in the driver's seat in this one. They played a heck of a game, very disciplined bunch and run what they run about as good as anybody. Like I thought, in general, the middle wasn't very productive (shout out to the Bucs line) for GCA and Boyd had enough speed to contain the big plays on the ground at the edges for the most part. The GCA passing game was more effective than I thought it would be but after a few adjustments that to was limited. GCA did a pretty good job containing Boyd's QB but that cat can hurt you at anytime. The D has to do it right every play, he just needs to get it right occasionally & . . . he gone. #15 was just as hard nosed as he was last week but I'm not sure he got the same production, either way he ran tough, saw him truck a couple. I always like to see a back give a hit at the end of a run instead of just taking one. Overall GCA played a very good game but in the end I think the better team last night advanced. I guess the only thing that did not live up to what I expected was the atmosphere. Not nearly the crowd I expected for state ranked #2 at #1 in the quarterfinals. Boyd traveled well and a lot of folks from Hampton to Silverdale and all points in between but not the turnout for the home crew I thought.

Grace that's a very nice facility. You should be (and I'm sure you are) very proud to have such a nice home field. If the fence on the home side was normal height like on the visitors side you'd probably catch a lot more "rail birds". We started over there but I couldn't handle watching a game through chain link & I just can't bring myself to sit down at a tackle football game. Overall it was a very enjoyable night. Saw a good game and 2 teams that were well coached and no silly stuff from either team. Both represented themselves well.

Edited by crow

Good to meet you to. Got to meet up with a lot of "Ters". '55 good to see you again. Finally put faces with pujo and 91Landers, very nice talking to all the Hampton crew as always. Even talked with a guy from Silverdale & South Pitt that will remain nameless by request but very nice meeting you as well. Skydogg, not sure where you were but maybe I'll catch up with ya in the 'ville in a couple weeks, noticed Jr. snagged a couple last night though :thumb: This was a pretty good game & I know some of the Buc faithful were pretty nervous for a while but I never really got the impression that Grace was really ever in the driver's seat in this one. They played a heck of a game, very disciplined bunch and run what they run about as good as anybody. Like I thought, in general, the middle wasn't very productive (shout out to the Bucs line) for GCA and Boyd had enough speed to contain the big plays on the ground at the edges for the most part. The GCA passing game was more effective than I thought it would be but after a few adjustments that to was limited. GCA did a pretty good job containing Boyd's QB but that cat can hurt you at anytime. The D has to do it right every play, he just needs to get it right occasionally & . . . he gone. #15 was just as hard nosed as he was last week but I'm not sure he got the same production, either way he ran tough, saw him truck a couple. I always like to see a back give a hit at the end of a run instead of just taking one. Overall GCA played a very good game but in the end I think the better team last night advanced. I guess the only thing that did not live up to what I expected was the atmosphere. Not nearly the crowd I expected for state ranked #2 at #1 in the quarterfinals. Boyd traveled well and a lot of folks from Hampton to Silverdale and all points in between but not the turnout for the home crew I thought.

Grace that's a very nice facility. You should be (and I'm sure you are) very proud to have such a nice home field. If the fence on the home side was normal height like on the visitors side you'd probably catch a lot more "rail birds". We started over there but I couldn't handle watching a game through chain link & I just can't bring myself to sit down at a tackle football game. Overall it was a very enjoyable night. Saw a good game and 2 teams that were well coached and no silly stuff from either team. Both represented themselves well.

Thanks Crow!! Glad to see that you made it...I was sitting on the 50 like I always do. I thought our coaches made great adjustments and I thought Coach Cardwell called a great game, had Grace number all night, once we got the lead it was over because they couldnt stop us!! Hope to see you in Cookeville!!

GO BUCS!!!!!!

Thanks Crow!! Glad to see that you made it...I was sitting on the 50 like I always do. I thought our coaches made great adjustments and I thought Coach Cardwell called a great game, had Grace number all night, once we got the lead it was over because they couldnt stop us!! Hope to see you in Cookeville!!

GO BUCS!!!!!!

I'll be there.

Congrats to the Bucs, it didn't take me long at all to figure out who the better team was. I'll have to give Grace credit,they had the lead and if not for the int right before half ,it could have been an even bigger lead. When Boyd got the int and scored 3 seconds before half to take the lead,it was a huge momenton swing. But Grace was having to gamble a ton to move the ball and keep it away from Boyd, In a deal like that ,its usually going to cave in on you eventually. Boyd was the better team and I'll be pulling for um the rest of the way.

It was really nice to meet several Coacht posters, Imet several and all were just great sports fans and can't say I dissapointed. Just a fine bunch of fellers. Also glad I got to sport the winning apparel,thanks Buc55 and I'll keep it for just this type of ocasion. That ole 55 has really made a goodun, hate its about ovewr for you guys,cherist every moment. Hopefully you fellers can get that gold ball that was rightfully yours last year. That should sooth the sting.

Sorry I didn't get to see this one, we were kind of in a struggle ourselves over in Blount County. Congratulations to BB on the victory. I spoke with one of your players and family at a restaurant after the game and they were very gracious about the victory and complimentary of Grace. I was at the Grace/S.Pitt game when WM was injured. Very frightening event that quickly put football into perspective. We continue to pray for him and for complete healing. I normally don't try to point out individuals since this is a team sport, but since it was his last football game ever, and because I am his proud Uncle, I want to give a shout out to #44 Bryson Shelton. Baseball may be in his future but I know football will always be in his heart. We would have loved to have him at CAK but I know he was appreciated at Grace. Good luck Bryson, you had a great career in football even if it was at Grace, ha. :thumb: