Round 3 Tennessee High at Powell

THSFather

I'm not gonna get on here and trash talk, but I will say, THS really does have a good football team. You guys gave it your all and that was tough. Lol. I honestly believe if your starting QB was in the game, it may have been a lot different. Congrats on a great season, and tell the boys to keep their heads up. Have a safe trip back home.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see..onside kick that goes 6 yards and powell gets it...fumble on the kickoff that we clearly recover offical signals THS ball...after the whistle powell takes it away after that they change their mind and give it to powell....you tell me then...lol

No doubt the officiating was bad, but see my post above. Have a safe trip home

I'm not gonna get on here and trash talk, but I will say, THS really does have a good football team. You guys gave it your all and that was tough. Lol. I honestly believe if your starting QB was in the game, it may have been a lot different. Congrats on a great season, and tell the boys to keep their heads up. Have a safe trip back home.

I'm not trying to trash talk...i only do that with DB...but you will have to admit officials let this one get out of control on both sides

Powell may indeed have the best defensive back in the state. For the purposes of discussion, consider it a given. Factor in that Boggs is highly likely to be aware of him. Factor in your guy will more than likely key on Mitchell. Factor in we run a spread, often with 4 receiver sets. Factor in your "best in the state defensive back" can only cover one guy at a time, leaving open three other quality targets. In addition to Mitchell, Gibson is a reliable deep threat. Henley is a junior QB with a full years experiance, plus a lot of time in as a sophomore back up. He already has smashed most school passing records, including those of our beloved 71 (State Champs) and 72 (State and National Champs), both led by the same QB. Henley is the real deal at QB, and gets better each game. The kid has swagger, style, and self confidence, but not arrogant or cocky. He keeps his composure very well. He can hit his mark on long passes, and can put it out there 40 yards or so. I will put our passing game up against anyone.

Taking nothing from Powell, but one guy is not a team. If you go cover 4, expect to see Delaney run it. He is small, strong, fast, and twists and turns. A tough kid to grab. Daggs is a quality understudy.

Our defense is well experianced with several positions with two full years starting experience. It will bend, but not break............unless you have a freak of a D1 tailback like Milik Foreman from Dobyns Bennett, already committed to Vandy. Our D Line is very capable of penetrating a line. Watch out for Payne. He takes great joy in busting through. Great kid, great attitude that he can turn it on or off with a switch. Payne will throw you down (HARD), smile and help you up again. Sampson & Jones (Inside and Outside linebackers, respectively), lead the Vikings D in solo tackles. They are great friends, and it is a personal competition between them who leads in tackles. Sampson goes THROUGH the line, Jones goes around it. Jones also has a couple of interceptions and 5 forced fumbles, as well as several sacks for huge losses.

D Backs, Mitchell and Deel each have several interceptions and cover well.

Special teams.........Sigmond has a boot. He often kicks it for touchbacks, which infuriates his teammates who want to tackle the return man deeper. If he doesn't kick to end zone, count on getting pinned back at the ten or so, as our kick team takes pride in swarming. Sure, it is possible to break a return, but highly unlikely.

Sigmond is very reliable in kicking field goals. He has a 60 yarder in the books. Granted, it was an open shot from the T with a freak situational rule. Regardless, it was accurate with the distance. Anytime he is out there for under 40 yards, or an extra point, consider it automatic.

Henley is averaging around 35 yards on punts. Does a good job.

Harmon and Gibson each have a couple of blocked punts. If you double team them, it leaves free Payne and Jones who are hungry.

On top of that, our guys are well coached and well disciplined. There is a reason we repeatedly are voted best sportsmanship by our conference. Our guys don't play dirty, and they don't get intimidated by taunts. They will however stand their ground, and not take any crap.

Our guys believe in themselves, and have great team chemistry. We may not win it all, but I like our odds in winning this one. See you at the game on Friday.

After factoring all that in Strozyk still came away with 2 interceptions, nearly 3 (almost picked the very first pass of the game). Strozyk also had a td, and several tackles. Now on to the Powell team.

Powell played a good second half tonight. TN High had an offense that stayed on the field much of the first half. Tennessee High had a good defense as well. Powell was the better team though.

@couch qb... The officiating was not well on both sides. That is not the reason Powell won the game.

Powell only punted the ball one time (maybe 2) the entire game. One of those punts was on an officiating error saying that it was 4th down, even though it was third (after the holding call on first down, they changed the possession to second down). Secondly, Powell's defense gave up one long play in the first half, but played a solid game defensively and that is the reason they come away with the victory.

Lets be clear the coaches were not trash talking to 24 (I am sure you thought that from the other side of the field on the visitor section lol)... He was being disrespectful to all of Powell's coaching staff trying to spark a confrontation (it didn't work). Good luck next year.

Lets see..onside kick that goes 6 yards and powell gets it...fumble on the kickoff that we clearly recover offical signals THS ball...after the whistle powell takes it away after that they change their mind and give it to powell....you tell me then...lol

Actually, lets see Powell recovered the onside kick on the 50 yard line.

On the kickoff who exactly did you think recovered the fumble? That little running back (32 maybe?) was on top of the pile not close to recovering the fumble.

I could also say Powell stripped number 32 running back, on the first drive of the second half, but bottom line is this.................................. POWELL WON AND TENNESSEE HIGH LOST. Accept it and move on. Powell was the better team, and as you said your team is young and you guys will have a good shot at it next year.

No worries moronicus, just another fan ready to come down out of the mountains to learn what seperates NET football from Knox area ball.

Another fan shaking his head, walking through the parking lot for a long ride home, asking himself how did that happen?....... Their schedule sucked!

Going to happen all through the playoffs again this year.

Science Hill loses to Oak Ridge

Maryville will beat D-B

Powell will beat TN High..and the football world will once again be balanced.

The only knox area team I see losing that's not playing another knox area team...Fulton to Livinston Academy.

You must have been one of the officials for tonight's game. :huh:

Edited by Cap1

Actually, lets see Powell recovered the onside kick on the 50 yard line.

On the kickoff who exactly did you think recovered the fumble? That little running back (32 maybe?) was on top of the pile not close to recovering the fumble.

I could also say Powell stripped number 32 running back, on the first drive of the second half, but bottom line is this.................................. POWELL WON AND TENNESSEE HIGH LOST. Accept it and move on. Powell was the better team, and as you said your team is young and you guys will have a good shot at it next year.

What we want a good shot at next year is POWELL.... and their officials!! :hungry: When you do shady things like the on sides it will always come back on you. I believe it's call KARMA...