Peabody at Dresden

goldentide

You forgot that you should've beat Milan and only lost on the last drive. I'm not trying to take anything away from Dresden but seeing both games against Huntingdon it just seems like your guys were in a lot better shape and more agressive. I know Dresden played a improved Huntingdon team than the one you played but your team had a lot of drive and passion. I would like to hear why Swo is picking Dresden as well seeing as how he is unbiased like me.

Our three losses were to Milan who is in the quarterfinals.........to Huntingdon who is in the quarterfinals........and to Dyersburg who finished 9-2 in 4A. Not too shabby.

Edited by goldentide

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True that and also if I'm correct you had a chance to win the Milan game in regulation I know a loss is a loss but just wanted to state the facts.

With seconds left we lined up to attempt an extra point length field goal but we had a bad snap or our holder dropped it. Either way we never got it kicked or we would have won.

We trailed Milan 13-0 and lost 36-35 in OT. BS must be putting together quite a list. WHERE IS BS?

I have respect for Trenton and I think you have a great team goldentide. I believe Peabody can win. I just think the situation favors Dresden more that's all. I think the Tide has more speed, that goes without question. But in the end, I think the Lions have the advantage on defense and experiance. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is a game that I personally anticipated since the scrimmage last spring and the jamboree at Henry County. This is no doubt a great matchup with a team in Trenton with great athletes and a team in Dresden that has a lot of heart and hard work that has brought them a long way (not saying Trenton doesn't have a lot of heart as well). I say defense has been the strength of Dresden thus far and I am hoping the old adage, "Defense wins championships", or in this case a third round playoff game, proves true. Trenton is a great team, but I'm going with my Dresden Lions in a close one.

Dresden 14

Trenton 6

If you think Dresden can hold Peabody to 6 points,the you must think that there defense is better than,Milans,Huntingtons,Humboldts,Dyersburg....I mean...really ?

If you think Dresden can hold Peabody to 6 points,the you must think that there defense is better than,Milans,Huntingtons,Humboldts,Dyersburg....I mean...really ?

I believe with the combination of Dresden's defense, which is loaded with guys who are smaller but have a lot of heart, and Dresden's ball control offense that it could happen. I'm not saying it will, and I'm not saying Trenton isn't capable of scoring 35 on any given night, which they are... I am saying if Dresden executes the way their team is designed, with a defense that bends but doesn't tend to break and a ball control offense, then the outcome will be something like my earlier prediction.

Good news for fans of Trenton Peabody, if you can't make the game in Dresden on Friday, there will be Peabody radio coverage of this game. The game will be broadcast on WDVW 105.3fm. You will also be able to listen in online at http://www.gracebroadcasting.com. The pregame show will begin at 6:45pm. Enjoy the broadcast.

Edited by ReitzFan

This is a game that I personally anticipated since the scrimmage last spring and the jamboree at Henry County. This is no doubt a great matchup with a team in Trenton with great athletes and a team in Dresden that has a lot of heart and hard work that has brought them a long way (not saying Trenton doesn't have a lot of heart as well). I say defense has been the strength of Dresden thus far and I am hoping the old adage, "Defense wins championships", or in this case a third round playoff game, proves true. Trenton is a great team, but I'm going with my Dresden Lions in a close one.

Dresden 14

Trenton 6

If Dresden holds Peabody to 6 pts they deserve the win but i don't see any way you hold us to ony 1 TD. nobody else has all year.

Good news for fans of Trenton Peabody, if you can't make the game in Dresden on Friday, there will be Peabody radio coverage of this game. The game will be broadcast on WDVW 105.3fm. You will also be able to listen in online at http://www.gracebroadcasting.com. The pregame show will begin at 6:45pm. Enjoy the broadcast.

I hope NOBODY listens because everyone in Trenton needs to be at the game!

I believe with the combination of Dresden's defense, which is loaded with guys who are smaller but have a lot of heart, and Dresden's ball control offense that it could happen. I'm not saying it will, and I'm not saying Trenton isn't capable of scoring 35 on any given night, which they are... I am saying if Dresden executes the way their team is designed, with a defense that bends but doesn't tend to break and a ball control offense, then the outcome will be something like my earlier prediction.

You always talk about the Dresden "heart", and I'm sure they have it. We have been behind in most games and fight back to win usually. We aren't a big team at all, in fact probably smaller than Dresden. You sell us a little short but that's ok. I hope we surprise you and pull off the upset.

You always talk about the Dresden "heart", and I'm sure they have it. We have been behind in most games and fight back to win usually. We aren't a big team at all, in fact probably smaller than Dresden. You sell us a little short but that's ok. I hope we surprise you and pull off the upset.

I don't mean for it to sound like I am selling y'all short. I'm very aware that Trenton most definitely has a team with heart or else you all wouldn't have made it this far. The reason behind my prediction is because I have actually seen the boys from Dresden work hard all summer. I know Trenton has done it the same thing and worked hard and the fact that they made it to the third round is evidence of that. I just hope it swings toward Dresden just as you all hope it swings in your favor. Good luck to both teams and I hope it is an injury free and close game.

Go Lions!