Can someone tell me?

bigdaddy67

Who is it exactly votes for who is considered lineman of the year? It is sad that at very least 2 maybe 3 of the cubs lineman were not nominated.

I'm not crying, I'm just really confused! We are talking about a line that has 3 backs with over 1300 yards, our d line as well has been all over other teams. Nobody has really ran on this team. But again the biggest shock is the offense. I mean every big name lineman that we have played has basically done nothing! These guys may not have been nominated, but I hope they all know that they have been best I have ever seen, and I'm one many who says this. The people that vote really need to get it together. This is a failure!! Sorry for the rant and I'm sure I will get hammered from others, but it is what it is!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no connection to Cheatham County. I've seen them twice now this year. You don't have to see them live to recognize the stats those young men have produced both on offense and defense. You really don't even have to know football. To see them play would leave no doubt with any voter. Taking nothing away from the men that did receive the award, but CC was overlooked. Year after year the award is more popularity and politics than anything else.

Mr. Football has become more than just a one season award. You have to have your name out there before the season even starts and typically you do that by having a above average junior year so your name is on the radar.

Cheatham Co. has a talented line no doubt, but a player like Brady Bose blossomed his senior year into a dominate lineman.

Also I have started a thread on this because the T$$AA is selfish with these awards. They are fine with crowning 6 state champions but only 3 Mr. Football Linemen and Backs. Brady would have had a better chance if it was just a 3A Lineman of the Year Award.

Mr. Football has become more than just a one season award. You have to have your name out there before the season even starts and typically you do that by having a above average junior year so your name is on the radar.

Cheatham Co. has a talented line no doubt, but a player like Brady Bose blossomed his senior year into a dominate lineman.

Also I have started a thread on this because the T$$AA is selfish with these awards. They are fine with crowning 6 state champions but only 3 Mr. Football Linemen and Backs. Brady would have had a better chance if it was just a 3A Lineman of the Year Award.

Unfortunately you are correct, it really should just be for the current season; similar to college football, you have no chance to win the national title if you start ranked outside of the top 25.....

Well if it starts as jr, then we need give it too jr and seniors! What about kids that come from other states or who never played b4? I hadn't looked again I was so dissapointed. Is there a CPA lineman nominated? I hope so, cuz I'm sure gonna let CC know that they think he is better, so we can see in the field who deserves! ,

Howard's big lineman had something around 40 total sacks and other tackles in the backfield, playing on a bad team and getting double and triple teamed the whole season. CAK's lineman is going to Tennessee and their offense is dominating, that's hard to argue against, too. Same for the lineman from Alcoa.

I'm not saying CC is better than others! It's hard to argue CC rushing for 4, 5, 6 hundred yards a game( not to mention all theis with normally 10 men in the box) and no nominees! We don't throw, so to me that makes are lines job twice as hard! Our tackles tight end normally blocking more than 1 person! heck our whole line blocking more than one! Well if all this true what y'all saying, let me get our center Shane Keegan's name out there for next year!