Grider to Soddy?

Tigers94

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilson is back at SP, but if I remember correctly he took a program that was usually 0-10 or 1-9 and made them respectable. I'm thinking 6-4, 7-3? I still don't think Grider is leaving.

Not hardly. Since 1995, their best year was 5-5 in 2000, I think it was 2008 or 2009 that they finished 4-6, but outside of those two years it has mostly been zero to two wins per year.

Wilson is back at SP, but if I remember correctly he took a program that was usually 0-10 or 1-9 and made them respectable. I'm thinking 6-4, 7-3? I still don't think Grider is leaving.

You are probably right. With the talent he has at SP, safe bet is to stay put. Cause getting out there in 5A and 6A ball is a different ball of wax, especially when you are going to have to sell the program to kids. Just an innocent question because I don't know the answer, with the talent at SP, how has Grider fared when having to go up against larger schools? Has he took a team and beat someone that he should not have beat?

When looking at coaches, that is the first thing I look at. A lot of coaches can take a team full of talent and go beat the teams they are supposed to beat, but a great coach can go beat some of those teams when he has less talent.

Keep hearing that Grider is in the mix, but the focus at Soddy is on a North Georgia Coach and another from the Nashville area at this time, not to say as someone put it, "if we thought he would truly come, we would put him on the list, but we just dont see him leaving S.P." Take that for whats it worth, but IMO Grider is going nowhere

GO BUCS!!!!!!