Grundy County Football 2013

mtngoatbilly

. I'm wondering if you are a coach or family member. You keep defending them about our defense. These guys have coached here multiple years and the whole time we have NEVER had a defense. That's a FACT!! Now sooner or later there have been juniors and seniors in those positions and it hasn't helped either. So that tells me it's coaching. Let us look at our big orange and Derek Dooley. He had an offense and could score the points but couldn't never stop nobody. Look where he is as a coach now, unemployed! I'm thinking its time for change just like on ole rocky top!! GO BIG GRUNDY!! And GO VOLS

Dooley is actually coaching on the Cowboys staff.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. I'm wondering if you are a coach or family member. You keep defending them about our defense. These guys have coached here multiple years and the whole time we have NEVER had a defense. That's a FACT!! Now sooner or later there have been juniors and seniors in those positions and it hasn't helped either. So that tells me it's coaching. Let us look at our big orange and Derek Dooley. He had an offense and could score the points but couldn't never stop nobody. Look where he is as a coach now, unemployed! I'm thinking its time for change just like on ole rocky top!! GO BIG GRUNDY!! And GO VOLS!!

First of all I am not a coach or a family member. Let me say this. I do not agree with everything that the coaching staff does, but I will not get on a public forum and bad mouth them. I will support them and encourage them in any way that I can as long as they are here. If you will ask the kids on this team, 99% of them will tell you they love these coaches and will play as hard as they can for them. To me that means something.

I don't consider telling the truth bad mouthing these coaches. It's not a question of character here either. That has nothing to do with it. However winning football games does. If its the head coach fix it, offensive coordinator fix it, defensive coordinator fix it. Who ever it is an it's the weakest link in order to keep my job as head coach is to change it. Is that not right? Tell me if I'm wrong. Is that not the way it's suppose to go? This has consistently been a thorn for us and there hasn't been a change. That's all I'm saying. I'm sorry I just don't consider that bad mouthing. Lets go take care of Grace Baptist tonight. GO GRUNDY! GO VOLS!

I don't consider telling the truth bad mouthing these coaches. It's not a question of character here either. That has nothing to do with it. However winning football games does. If its the head coach fix it, offensive coordinator fix it, defensive coordinator fix it. Who ever it is an it's the weakest link in order to keep my job as head coach is to change it. Is that not right? Tell me if I'm wrong. Is that not the way it's suppose to go? This has consistently been a thorn for us and there hasn't been a change. That's all I'm saying. I'm sorry I just don't consider that bad mouthing. Lets go take care of Grace Baptist tonight. GO GRUNDY! GO VOLS!

You and I do not agree on much around here but I will have to agree with you on this post. I believe we are both passionate fans who want to see our team be the best it can be. We are just on opposite sides sometimes in how we look at things. Nothing wrong with that. There is however one thing we will always agree on and that is this.....GO GRUNDY AND GO VOLS!

The Notre Dame-Grundy game won't be close. ND's Defense has stepped up this year. Its being led by D-line senior #64 and junior #55. You might block one but not both. Linebackers #44,#3,#22 and #45 are studs. Get past all that and you can throw a pass towards #1,we all know what will happen there. Pick your poison! The offense is looking better each week ! Once it gets on track fully, look out state! I always enjoy going on the mtn playing Grundy great fans. Go Irish!

Edited by Cannaonball54

It was against Grace! I think they have 200 kids at there school and 30 play football! He won't get 75 yards against ND !

I would be worried about stopping Signal Mtn. If you can beat them then maybe you can think about state. In which case you will have to beat a Milan, CPA, CAK, or Alcoa, but beat Signal first. The Nolan kid did do it against Grace, but have you had a guy rush for over 100 yet, or was the ER defense too stout for you? 21 wont be enuff. Edited by jackbacker2

I would be worried about stopping Signal Mtn. If you can beat them then maybe you can think about state. In which case you will have to beat a Milan, CPA, CAK, or Alcoa, but beat Signal first. The Nolan kid did do it against Grace, but have you had a guy rush for over 100 yet, or was the ER defense too stout for you? 21 wont be enuff.

I agree jackbacker that the Irish need to worry this weeks game, then the next. There is alot of football to be played before we have to worry about Grundy - let alone the playoffs. The Irish have got to fix the offense before it can worry about anything else. This week will be the first that all of the starters on the O Line will be playing - I hope that's the spark needed to get the chemistry going. There are alot of weapons on offense and I feel it is just a matter of time for them to start playing to their potential.

Good luck with the Indians this week