Beech's recruiting class 2013

JustDaFacts911

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After a stellar list of signees from the greater metro area (most of Hunters Lane's athletes), what 5 star players are on the horizon to wear the blue and orange next year? With all the success they have had, (Hurd, Haymer) their budget has got to be astronomical.

This might explain why Hunters Lane, a consistently good Metro program, has fallen on hard times the past few years.

Besides Hurd at 5 stars? No one. Beech has been very good in recent years with in county players, however, they do get nearly half of the students that pay the out of county fee (50+) in Sumner County with the majority coming from HLHS. They leave HLHS for many reasons including demographics (60+% on free and reduced lunch), target school academically, Beech recent athletic success and the short drive.

Chris Hathaway 6'3" 260 lbs was a very good player from HLHS that played 2 years at Beech and C J McClain is a future D1 softball player from HLHS. A couple of a handful more. We could review rosters throughout years and debate but does not change the fact Beech football is undefeated.

I will get my panties in a wad when you come one here and make up things that simply aren't true. You must really hold a grudge to go to the trouble to register on Coach T, think up a real cool user name and take the time make false accusations about Beech. What, did Beech kick your team's tail this year? Hurd transferred from MBA not Hunters Lane. He lives a mile from Beech. Haymer was in the Beech system from the time he was in middle school, where he didn't even play football. So you are saying they recruited him out of elementary school? I didn't realize Coach Crabtree was hanging out at the Goodlettsville Trojans workouts scouting future stars.

Edited by tandem

I named 2 pretty good ones right there, tandem...don't get your panties in a wad-it is what it is and it is apparently legal but people should know. Beech should just be 6A because they take an A from metro every year.

I love it! You know you're doing something right when you acquire haters!

If there is any lure to attend Beech or any other Sumner County school, I seriously doubt the football programs are the sole reason behind the move. There are many contributing factors as to why a parent may choose a county school over a metro school if they have that option. Fortunately though, Sumner County does has some pretty special players and coaching staffs, and if you get beat by one of them, you may want to take a better look at your own program's faults and inadequacies instead of trying to find a loophole as to why we're good.

In regard to Beech, our enrollment is under 1,300 and we don't "take" from any school. Also, I can't think of one player on our team this year that does not live within our zone (I'm sure there may be, I just cannot think of any off hand). As for Hurd, he lives a whole 30 seconds from the school so you have no argument there.

Yeah, Hurd lives 30 seconds from the school NOW...probably moved once the new county policy kicked in. Where'd he live last year? As for you tandem, Coach Crabtree would probably be more inclined to hang out around the West Nashville Broncos, pass out some lollipops and real estate fliers for apartments a mile from campus. Dont forget about the huge transfer from alternative school you got back. Beech must run the roost in Sumner County when they can get a zero tolerance charge dropped. Glad you like the name playa.