smyrna vs. riverdale

Guest JESUSISLIFE2

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Well this will be the gameof the week for sure. I think that the Smyrna team has improved throughout the season. Riverdale does not seem to have the same zing as they did last year...but they always seem to find a way to win. I think this will come down to which team makes the least amount of mistakes. Riverdale had lots of holding penalties against us. Smyrna had several penalties against us. I think this game will come down to the wire. Smyrna seems to fold in crucial last minutes...OT.( against us and Blackman) Riverdale stinks it up and goes.Both teams have some hot-heads on it....so there could be some WWF action early on. It is at Riverdale....wow...what a game!

The way I look at it, Smryna has the defense to stop Riverdale. Their three losses were all close, 17-10, 21-14, 9-6. They could very easily be undefeated right now.

In none of those games did they give up a lot of points.

If Smyrna makes some plays offensively and puts points on the board(say 21-28), then I say they win this one.

Riverdale has struggled to score points in several games this year, including their loss to Lincoln Co.

I'm not going to predict a winner, but it'll be a fun one to watch.

Guest region4fan

One more thing to factor in here.....JUST1NP you make good points, but you are not from Rutherford County. Riverdale has immense tradition and pride. They also have coaches that know how to make adjustments and do them fast. These kids are out to prove themselves. Everyone said that they could not win this year w/o Ralph King. But they did. They said that they could not win w/o Ron Crawford as their Defensive coordinator. But they did.You never see their players on here running their mouths. They just prove it on the field. Smyrna started trash talking on this board early in the summer. They have made idiots of themselves on here all season. Never mind that many were freshmen, they still ran their mouths about how and what they were going to do to Riverdale. Now Riverdale kids DO read this stuff on here. Their memories are not short.Now I am not saying that Riverdale will win this game. I am not discounting Smyrna at all....but I think if there is anyone team that the Warriors want to scalp...it is definitely this one.

GOOOOOOOOO WARRIORS!!

These two teams could play twice in three weeks. I really don't know what to expect. The same trash talking from Smyrna went on last year, and Riverdale won 51-7. I sure do not expect a score like that again.

Riverdale has become a pretty solid defensive unit, but the offense has been inconsistent. I am looking for a good game at Tomahawk Staidum on Friday night. Probably in the rain if the past is any indication.

Guest region4fan

sorry to burst your bubble.I think you need a small reminder....Riverdale has no region losses. Even if Smyrna did not lose to Blackman, they still lost to Oakland. You cannot play for a region championship when teams don't need the tiebreaker.Sorry.

Guest JESUSISLIFE2

smyrna has a young team and not to mention the fastest person in the region in marcelous johnson. but riverdale has dave thomas a great player. this is going to be an awsome game.. good luck to both teams. :D:D:o

Guest region4fan

Will James Janson be playing in this game this week? I had heard that he was banged up again after the Blackman game. He could be a big factor in this game. Is Thomas that #9? If so, I was very impressed with him against Oakland. He would make a great QB!