BA-MUS Live Webcast

WesVLT

good grief - you win and you're still complaining about the refs? obviously you missed the calls that went in your favor incl a 2 pt conversion where your guy was laying on the white line (as you say go see the replay and decide for yourself) - many went in your favor. no matter BA was out played and you deserved to win but don't bring the refs into it. We were outplayed esp our defense. Sure hope you'll bring your A game for E. Would be nice to see another winner this yr. Your QB was outstanding - very impressive -sees the field on every play

I too think the ref missed the call when Sanders took the kickoff out of the endzone but that happens -- Rodgers and those 4 receivers will be difficult to stop; MUS has 2 great high school players, Rodgers and Perry - otherwise MUS is a really average DII team; well coached certainly. If the MUS defense can contain Corn and not give up long runs for TD's, the it will be up to the Ensworth "other players" -- then we will see if Ensworth has enough offense to win. With MUS passing so much, the game will be a long one - with lots of offensive possessions for both sides. In the first game (MUS Ensworth), the Ensworth defense got tired and did not play well in the 4th quarter. Istill say Ensworth by 3 TD's

good grief - you win and you're still complaining about the refs?

Get your facts straight guy. I haven't complained about the refs. I responded earlier to some twit who criticized the refs but hadn't even seen the game, only based it on his prior "Memphis experiences". My comment about the KO return was in response to a poster questioning why we kicked the ball to Sanders. The ref(s) standing on the goal line had the best view of any person or camera in the stadium, so we can assume they got it right, but it must have been a very. very close call. As to the 2 pt conversion, you can still make a valid catch lying on your back, and you are mistaken if you think he was out-of-bounds and somehow everybody else in the stadium including all the refs missed it.

Edited by owlbooster

my facts are quite straight buddy and yes you absolutely complained about the refs - read your post. and as for the 2 pt-er, your own replay on your jumbotron showed it (and i've watched it again) - i was there. and yes i think refs miss a lot. but as i said didn't matter in the end as we were outplayed. no one on our side thought it was a valid catch - only on your side - so you are wrong on the "refs missed it" and everybody thought was was a catch. you obviously have not reviewed the tape - i have. you won and you deserved it. i was responding to the fact that you said, "it's good that sanders TD did not make a diff". goes both ways buddy. as i said you deserved to win but don't make it into a "the refs almnost decided the game on the kickoff TD"...- not true

I too think the ref missed the call when Sanders took the kickoff out of the endzone but that happens -- Rodgers and those 4 receivers will be difficult to stop; MUS has 2 great high school players, Rodgers and Perry - otherwise MUS is a really average DII team; well coached certainly.

Well stop the presses and get Peyton Klawinski removed from the Mr Football Linemen finalists. To say that outside of 2 players MUS is "average" is silly and condescending.

my facts are quite straight buddy and yes you absolutely complained about the refs - read your post. and as for the 2 pt-er, your own replay on your jumbotron showed it (and i've watched it again) - i was there. and yes i think refs miss a lot. but as i said didn't matter in the end as we were outplayed. no one on our side thought it was a valid catch - only on your side - so you are wrong on the "refs missed it" and everybody thought was was a catch. you obviously have not reviewed the tape - i have. you won and you deserved it. i was responding to the fact that you said, "it's good that sanders TD did not make a diff". goes both ways buddy. as i said you deserved to win but don't make it into a "the refs almnost decided the game on the kickoff TD"...- not true

My beef was that you said i was still complainng about the refs when I had not been. I questioned a single very big non-call as did a whole lot of other people including the TV crew and some on the BA side of the field. Moreover, I didn't "bring up the refs" as you asserted, Itzme did in post #7. And YES it was good that what appeared to be a questionable call that allowed a HUGE momentum-changing TD did not end up being the difference. And that would have been the case had the situation been reversed with MUS getting a questionable TD.

One last BIG question. How do you "fans" come up with "tapes" of the game to review and back up your assertions just 2 days after the game? And why would you be watching a replay of a game you lost and which ended your season? Just curious....

Owlbooster, again you are taking posts out of context. If you look carefully, I said that without Perry and Rodgers, MUS is an average "DII team" - not an average team. Nearly all of the DII teams are better than 95% of the other teams in Tennessee, regardless of classification. Certainly the MUS middle linebacker is a very good high school player - amazing for his size. MUS, in my opinion has really over achieved with average talent. They dont run the ball well and do not have a dominant player on defense - but the 2 guys on offense make them a very tough team to beat.

Owlbooster, again you are taking posts out of context. If you look carefully, I said that without Perry and Rodgers, MUS is an average "DII team" - not an average team. Nearly all of the DII teams are better than 95% of the other teams in Tennessee, regardless of classification. Certainly the MUS middle linebacker is a very good high school player - amazing for his size. MUS, in my opinion has really over achieved with average talent. They dont run the ball well and do not have a dominant player on defense - but the 2 guys on offense make them a very tough team to beat.

Neither taking you "out of context" nor "again." Just left out the "DII" I knew what you meant. I don't think you're slighting the team but rather some of the players when you characterize MUS generally as "2 studs plus an average supporting cast." How many games have you seen them play on which to arrive at that opinion anyway? It's ridiculous to have to name names, but here's a few - Prather, Walker (Shane & DJ), Wunderlich, Howell, Whitley. BTW, all have been named to All-Star teams. I've already mentioned Klawinsky.

Yes, they don't "run the ball well" but that's not to say Shane Walker is not a top-notch RB who has been hampered by a nagging ankle injury much of the season. Moreover, they're not going to force the running game when the passing game is so potent. Nonetheless, he still has excellent stats - why don't you go to the "Super Prep" site and peruse them. James Prather is the closest thing they have to a "dominant player on defense." He just came back from a 5 week hiatus for a shoulder injury. You will fully appreciate him next year. BTW, that "amazing for his size" player (Klawinski) also plays D and was the guy who blocked the BA punt Friday. Look up his "nondominant" stats too while you're at it.

Do they have the same level of talent as BA or EHS? NO they don't. Is their talent "average" (for DII) outside the QB & receiver? Perhaps. I don't see many of the 8 Middle/East teams play except mostly for internet/TV broadcasts. Do they have a chance against EHS? Slim to none. But if better talent/Div 1 signees/prospects translated into wins, then BA would have a separate trophy room to house all the gold balls and everybody else would be playing for silver every year. I guess Bobby Alston et al must be very very good.

Certainly, MUS does a great job coaching - and along with Ensworth, the best in DII. I dont disagree with much of what you say; A healthy Tucker is a great player for sure but he has not been at full strength all year; and MUS has done a fine job of adjusting its offense to the strength of the team - the passing offense. I would rather not get into a discussion of who is good, great, or not great - or debate who has the best statistics. I will stand by my point (and opinion) that the current MUS team is being carried by 2 great players - and that the rest of the team is pretty average for DII standards; please bear in mind that DII average is really good compared to the rest. MUS has always been well coached; but it was not until the early 2000's when the school made a conscious decision to bring in better athletes necessary to compete for championships at the DII level. I look forward to seeing what is hopefully a super game.

games are on our school website and hudl. and i like to experience the pain one more time

Thanks for the website tip. Don't know that many schools have replay on demand. That's really nice. I'm pretty sure MUS doesn't. I'm glad I had a chance to watch it again, because it proved your assertion about the 2 point conversion to be bogus. Indeed, the TV camera extremely oblique angle view from about 100 yards away (press box 50 yd line to opposite side end zone) shows that maybe the receiver had his helmet and shoulder-tips on the sideline. But his FEET were inside the line by the length of his body. I'm pretty sure that's what matters.

After watching the 100 yd KO return, I stick by what I have already said: with the same angle TV shot as the 2 pt conversion, it looked questionable, BUT there was a ref right there (as there was on the 2 pt conversion) to judge whether the ball broke the plane or not, so I give him the "benefit of the doubt." Moreover, your own TV crew also questioned the KO return but said nothing about the 2 point conversion.

Thanks for the website tip. Don't know that many schools have replay on demand. That's really nice. I'm pretty sure MUS doesn't. I'm glad I had a chance to watch it again, because it proved your assertion about the 2 point conversion to be bogus. Indeed, the TV camera extremely oblique angle view from about 100 yards away (press box 50 yd line to opposite side end zone) shows that maybe the receiver had his helmet and shoulder-tips on the sideline. But his FEET were inside the line by the length of his body. I'm pretty sure that's what matters.

After watching the 100 yd KO return, I stick by what I have already said: with the same angle TV shot as the 2 pt conversion, it looked questionable, BUT there was a ref right there (as there was on the 2 pt conversion) to judge whether the ball broke the plane or not, so I give him the "benefit of the doubt." Moreover, your own TV crew also questioned the KO return but said nothing about the 2 point conversion.

So what you are saying is the whole body can land out of bounds but if just the feet are in bounds, then it is a catch?