Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

Anyone predict LA and SC be in the cellar after week 4 ? LOL

All the preseason talk with SC playing Alcoa, Upperman and Cookville out the gate.I think everybody did. Edited by Termite

very true. Who would have thought MC would play you closer than FC

I believe this is the best team MC has had in years,...they seem to be buying into what Coach WIlson is teaching, and they are playing hard for him...and he's got some very good middle school kids coming up too...

Don't be surprised if they win this District in a couple of years!! :popcorneater:

I believe this is the best team MC has had in years,...they seem to be buying into what Coach WIlson is teaching, and they are playing hard for him...and he's got some very good middle school kids coming up too...

Don't be surprised if they win this District in a couple of years!! :popcorneater:

very correct. We know with UHS, things can get turned around. UHS I sorta like MC, has the tallent and have had great teams but not consistant. Mosly because both programs have had revolving door at the coach position. Now both teams have home town coaches, who came up threw and controll the jr high programs. I say thesse two teams get up there with LA, SC and DC (since Trapp) as district contenders every year. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Stats are from senior season only:

Phillips: 2,680 passing yards. 43 td's, 5 int's.

720 yards rushing, 6 td's.

McCoin: 1,536 passing yards. 17 td's, 2 int's.

820 rushing yards, 14 td's.

Complete high school career stats:

Phillips: 5,368 passing yards, 71 td's.

1,307 rushing yards, 13 td's.

More than 6,000 total yards of offense.

McCoin: 4,022 passing yards, 45 td's.

More than 6,000 total yards of offense.

http://www.gohatters.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=14600&ATCLID=208539360

http://www.ttusports.com/sports/fball/2013-14/bios/mccoin_brock

Sorry for the long post but while you bring up comparing I'm just showing he's no more special than what this district has had lately. I'm sure he's good, but the whole district bein young this year will make him look better. Also as stated above, ill take Phillips all day. I know he lost in his head to head matchups against McCoin but stats don't lie. Phillips was great for the spread and McCoin had a way of getting things done. Is York good? Yes. But if special is the case then we've had alot of those.

"For the four games this season, York stands at 846 yards and 18 touchdowns rushing, and 596 yards and 8 touchdowns passing" Herald-Citizen. The kid is on pace for 2200 rushing, 1500 passing, 3700 total yards and 60 td's. So, for this district, I still think he is "special". With Cannon on schedule, he might surpass the 60 td mark. And who in there right mind, including me, thought UHS would be 4-0 averaging 55 ppg at this point.

"For the four games this season, York stands at 846 yards and 18 touchdowns rushing, and 596 yards and 8 touchdowns passing" Herald-Citizen. The kid is on pace for 2200 rushing, 1500 passing, 3700 total yards and 60 td's. So, for this district, I still think he is "special". With Cannon on schedule, he might surpass the 60 td mark. And who in there right mind, including me, thought UHS would be 4-0 averaging 55 ppg at this point.

Gordonville - bad.

Monterey - worse.

Smith - terrible.

Clay County - worst.

Congrats on the 4 - 0 start but its really not that impressive. I believe UHS will win the district but they will be tested several times. And as a side note, 60 td's is about as possible as Butter Bean running the Music City Marathon.