DeKalb Co Girls Basketball

Stealer007

This is one subject in which I see no other option. It's unfair to his players to be scheduling teams like Gabriel Christian and D1 Academy. Yet, he expects the girls to know how to handle the pressure of playing Upperman, Livingston, and Cannon when they haven't played teams with even half as much talent...

Edited by dctiger

Dctiger u may be right, its like our football team playing Clay Co.

And yes, I feel that instead of Clay, we should have been playing a team like Gordonsville or Friendship. Teams that actually make an impact in their division, even though it is a smaller one than ours. But alas, that's all history.l

Did anybody hear Cope speak on the radio at halftime during boys game. OMG i call BS. He sounds like a politician. Him and our radio announcer sound ridiculous together. Everyone take notice when Cope is on the radio, to hear some of the things he says will blow ur mind. Must think people are uneducated about basketball and teams in our area. Think radio guy is a Willoughby.

The remark has been made that if he has a losing season, he's gone. This is NOT true. Victor Harrison coached for 3 or 4 years and won less than 5 games each year. And he quit. I just think Cope should be scheduling Jackson Co, if they'll play us, and some of the decent AAA schools around here. (I mean seriously, look at all the schools in Wilson County.)

He just needs to realize that wins DON'T matter when you're in our district. You have to have experience against competitive teams or you will get eaten alive.

I can assure you Jackson County will play you, they can't get anyone to play them. He has to really look far and wide to fill the schedule.

I can assure you Jackson County will play you, they can't get anyone to play them. He has to really look far and wide to fill the schedule.

I just feel like its what our girls need. So what if its a loss every year? Nothing shows where you need work like playing an elite team. (And when I say elite, I mean in any division. I've watched JC on and off for years.)

And King, I see some of what you're saying, but I can honestly say that out of the past 9 years that I've seriously watched DC basketball, Cope has by FAR been the most blessed to get competent offensive players. (Woodward>Webb>Meadows>Cripps) And those I mentioned are NOT the only scorers that were on those teams. When I was in high school, the offense just wasn't good at all.