Beech at North Side-Semifinals

olddevil

Obviously Slapper did not see the game. He failed to mention that on that 3rd down play, Adam Craig was being chased and he through the ball down field to "no one". The call was intentional grounding before the late hit ever occurred. So they first took the spot of the intentional grounding and then added the late hit from there. After walking off the penalties for both teams, the result was still 4th down. It's amazing that people are now complaining, when they said we(Beech) did not have enough defense to win the game. Accept the defeat and move on! In all actuality Dorian Carter could have had a lot of those same yards, because JNS was the worst tackling team we played all year. That is sad because we had several blowouts. Jalen Hurd and the Beech Bucs have earned every bit of this chance at a championship. We battled some really tough teams and played 4 quarters in many games. JNS only played 4 teams before us that even had an over .500 record. They were a good team but were never really battled tested! Good luck to the JNS athletes that are playmakers and can get a free education because of that!!!!

I dont think they have seen Dorian play. Or the rest of the team for that matter. I hate when people assume one person is an entire team just because they only hear about that person

Edited by dca44

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurd is the best high school running back that I have ever seen. I have been watching High school football for over 40 years and that covers alot of backs. He is simply a wrecking machine. With that being said, without Hurd, Beech would not be where they are today. It's as simple as that.

Take at ns's qb away and where would they be? What's your point?

There backup is pretty good, he has an incredible arm, but he doesn't run as much as Craig. But i can see a 8-4. They will just need to rely on Marcus Maxwell (an underrated running back) more.

Hurds back up is phenominal. For the 100th time, Dorian Carter is a star himself. Watch him play, and when they play without Hurd, Carter doesnt miss a beat. He carries the ball exceptionally well. Beech may not be undefeated without Hurd, but they wouldnt be far from it. Not far at all

Edited by dca44

1st. That intentional grouding call was NOT intentional grouding call, Adam Craig was outside the pocket, and he threw the ball out of bounds and Jerry Neylon was in the area where the ball was thrown.

2nd. North Side did not played 4 teams that had an over .500 record. They played 5 teams that had an .500 record.

Clarksville-NE, Liberty Tech, Brighton, Millington, Hamilton, and Ridgeway. I believe that is 5 teams.

"Outside the pocket" is not a rule in high school.

How would you rank the teams Beech played this year?

Here is my ranking of teams I'd least like to play again:

1. Northeast- probably not the best team, but Reeves-Maybin can beat you nearly single hadedly. Now I know how teams feel when they try to stop JHurd.

2. Mt Juliet- the best TEAM we played all year. Two great rb's and a very good D. Always well coached, rarely beat themselves.

3. Henry Co- great athletes at the skill positions. Again, well coached and a program where the players come up through the system and learn how to be winners and compete in the big games by watching the players ahead of them year after year.

4. Wilson Central- though I think our game plan had more to do with it than their D, they were able to keep JHurd in check.

If NS's defense is terrible for giving up 500 yards? What does that make Beech's for giving up 507 yards? Most of NS's yards were gained before the game had been decided. A lot of Beech's yards were gained after the game had been decided, I am assuming trying to solidify that Jalen Hurd gets the state record for single season rushing yards! I kept wondering why you would have your star in the game after it had been decided knowing you have to play for the championship next week and then I realized it was for the record!

Edited by slapper

If NS's defense is terrible for giving up 500 yards? What does that make Beech's for giving up 507 yards? Most of NS's yards were gained before the game had been decided. A lot of Beech's yards were gained after the game had been decided, I am assuming trying to solidify that Jalen Hurd gets the state record for single season rushing yards! I kept wondering why you would have your star in the game after it had been decided knowing you have to play for the championship next week and then I realized it was for the record!

slapper (my favorite Coach T name), it's basketball season. It hurts but it is. To answer the question . . . it makes Beech better at preventing touchdowns.

The game was decided when Beech's D gave up 7 pts to NS in the second half and had a pick 6 for good measure.

That's fine! I have given Beech and Jalen Hurd their props! I just hate that Beech people want to make NS out to be an unworthy opponent! Everyone in the Nation knows why Beech is in the finals and I hope books will be written about him but there is an epic story to be told how an undersized, inexperienced group of kids coming off a 2-8 season can make it to the semi-finals of the state championships undefeated and have the highly touted, Beech Buccaneers on the ropes for 2 and a half quarters! That's a great story!

That's fine! I have given Beech and Jalen Hurd their props! I just hate that Beech people want to make NS out to be an unworthy opponent! Everyone in the Nation knows why Beech is in the finals and I hope books will be written about him but there is an epic story to be told how an undersized, inexperienced group of kids coming off a 2-8 season can make it to the semi-finals of the state championships undefeated and have the highly touted, Beech Buccaneers on the ropes for 2 and a half quarters! That's a great story!

It would be a great story. Give props to the North Side head coach Tab Vowell. He went and got Tony Bonds (an offensive lineman at Ole Miss) from Alabama. He got rid of Scott Courtney (current D-Cord at Riverside) and Shane Jacobs (current D-Cord at Trenton Peabody). He clean out his coaching staff except one, and got new experience coaches that can coach, like Jim Glover.

I am very surprise for the Indians for coming from 2-8 last year to 13-1 this year. Good luck to Beech!

North side was a good team. They were fast but undersized! I believe they were coached well! I just don't think they had ever experienced a team that physical. Every team all year long has talked about stopping Hurd but yet to do it. North Side was well coached, but like many other teams had no answer for the Hurd! We at Beech wish them nothing but great success going forward. It was business, nothing personal!