List of Schools that SP tried to schedule

TonyHorton91281

You will still have teams avoiding others if the system continues but a relatively minor "tweak" of classifying football schools separately and not necessarily having 16 classes will increase the average number of schools in a district-without increasing travel like a return to five classes would do. That's something the schools really need to get behind, if the system as a whole isn't going to be scrapped. Doing that, just reducing Class A (1A and 2A playoff) by one district would put six to eight in each district except the Memphis district (ten as some of the smallest currently Class AA teams would be in it).

Agree

Yes, I have an idea of how much it takes to keep up a team. We have been doing it a lot longer than you Sissy Mtn boys. Believe it or not, we have had other "Big Gate" games before you guys came along. Sounds like you are worried about the Signal gate. If so, get hold of Alcoa or Maryville. I bet you guys could get a real good rivalry going with Red Bank and Baylor. Our problem is the depth issues that it takes to play the bigger schools 3 or 4 deep at every position. It isn't only about money which I realize is a hard concept for the Porche crowd up there in the clouds.

If you and the other snowbirds down in Florida are paying for a football program down there, maybe you can get them to play SP.

If you and the other snowbirds down in Florida are paying for a football program down there, maybe you can get them to play SP.

I am not a snowbird. However, the fuel bill on a bus ride would fund the program for a year. I would be more than happy to try and get Signal a game with Lincoln High here in Tally or Valdosta.

Edited by rlh

I am not a snowbird. However, the fuel bill on a bus ride would fund the program for a year. I would be more than happy to try and get Signal a game with Lincoln High here in Tally or Valdosta.

Thanks for the offer, but our schedule is complete. redthumb.gif

You're either paying too much for gas or not enough on equipment.

But alas, we are off topic, and there's a new sheriff in town.

Edited by MountainTroll

I have read this entire thread and from what i can tell sp is not just looking for games there looking for wins , whaaaaaa, whaaaaaaaa, whaaaaaaaaaa, poor sp hey there are several 8 man football teams in the nashville area maybe one of them will play you , then you want have to worry about having numbers and how many players are standing on sidelines , and injuries, should be a sure win since you will be playing 11 on 8

I have read this entire thread and from what i can tell sp is not just looking for games there looking for wins , whaaaaaa, whaaaaaaaa, whaaaaaaaaaa, poor sp hey there are several 8 man football teams in the nashville area maybe one of them will play you , then you want have to worry about having numbers and how many players are standing on sidelines , and injuries, should be a sure win since you will be playing 11 on 8

tssaa has forced teams to schedule toss up games. That is all we are looking for. What are your ideas? And don't say Alcoa, do you know a 1a or 2a school that will play us? There are some in our district, that of course are not competitive but there is nothing we can do about that. We need 1a and 2a out of district games. Again give us your suggestion. Edited by pegleg

Are you saying your team only schedules sure losses??? We at SP just give all you hiders something to talk about on a regular basis. Without us you would just read and not post! Glad to have you on our thread!

Most of you miss the point. Let me break it down.

-SP small 1A powerhouse.

-Won a lot mostly the past 19 years.

-Has scored a lot on feeble opponents mostly when they ran their mouth first or our JV did most of the scoring

-has beaten and lost to annual playoff contenders in 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, 6A

-has been mercy ruled very little

-Continues to play local schools in other sports and gets the day lights beat out of them and then returns the favor in football

-sits back and gets shafted out of money for home field advantage in the playoffs because of 1-3 losses to Bigger schools an is suppose to accept it??

-Already has 4 region games in LOokout Valley, whitwell, Marion, and now Sale Creek

-already has games with Boyd (2a contender year in and year out), Polk (3A contender year in year out), Sequatchie Co (3A powerhouse in all other sports and rapidly on the rise in football)

- that leaves 3 opponents to play. Based on the existing playoff system losing can hinder you in the playoffs badly, so a coach would be foolish to schedule anyone that is a definite loss such as the Alcoas and maryvilles. First you try all local 1A schools then move up and across the state but have to think about money to travel. If your program can't bring in revenue from home playoff games then the program can't afford to travel too far.... Or most importantly.... Lose

-EVEN A POWERHOUSE DOESN'T WANT TO SET UP 15-18 YEAR OLDS TO FAIL

I don't see any of you running out and beefing up your schedules outside of your own region!!!!!

Something is wrong if SP and TC don't play. TC had to find 6 games too. You two should play anyway with your program histories.