Oak Ridge 2013 Schedule?

boyfromsi

Well, he was the D-coordinator the year we went to the semi's against Murvil i believe, so he can't be all that bad..And i can't really comment about him quitting and coming back because i don't personally know why he did that? Could've been for personal reasons or anything for all we know, ya know?

Was he the D coord. that year?

I get it that Blade is not a nice guy. I have also heard that Saban is a bad guy to Coach for. But they both get results. We both played for Gaddis and i am cheering for him. We will see howlade and Gaddis compare. As for Miner we can agree to disagree. I am not even sure how many times that he did resign. If you know him please ask him:)

I think Blade is a good guy. He just isn't a big people person i don't think..Great father and husband and man of faith from whai know of. Just because he isn't a people person doesn't mean he isn't a quality man..Relating with people just didn't seem to be his strong suit. But, i agree that he got results.

Yes, we will see about Blade and the Gaddis comparison..So far it isn't even close in terms of how the two have generated excitement amongst the community and the kids in general...Kids that didn't go out for Blade are now going out for Joe and as we have read here from posts by ORNole even kids not from Oak Ridge are wanting to transfer to play for Gaddis. So, in those terms it isn't even close. Now as far as being able to coach and being a gameday coach and being successful remains to be seen. Blade was quiet good at that.

I hear that is the case, It is interesting that Gaddis has been to 5 schools in 7 years. And it is close- because Blade has State title in this Decade--- and--- against Maryville.. Although Maryville is afraid to play out of State teams like we had too- so i get you there.

I hear that is the case, It is interesting that Gaddis has been to 5 schools in 7 years. And it is close- because Blade has State title in this Decade--- and--- against Maryville.. Although Maryville is afraid to play out of State teams like we had too- so i get you there.

Well, if you knew Joe well you would know that he loves to go to programs that are "down" and build them up and then go to another and do the same thing. He has always specialized in that. He loves doing that for some reason. But, this will be his last stop. Since he has been gone he has always wanted to come back here. Oak Ridge is home to Gaddis. He has said that if the Oak Ridge hadn't of come open then he would still be at Trenton. He loved it there..Said this was the only job that could've taken him away from Trenton. He was very happy there, but this is where he calls home and always has. And i don't think Maryville is afraid to play out of state teams, i just think they choose to play in state. Less travel and better gates. Not many people are gonna travel outta state to watch a HS football game i wouldn't think. I remember when we played Tilghman they brought about 5 fans in 1991 lol

Edited by SweetScience

Well, if you knew Joe well you would know that he loves to go to programs that are "down" and build them up and then go to another and do the same thing. He has always specialized in that. He loves doing that for some reason. But, this will be his last stop. Since he has been gone he has always wanted to come back here. Oak Ridge is home to Gaddis. He has said that if the Oak Ridge hadn't of come open then he would still be at Trenton. He loved it there..Said this was the only job that could've taken him away from Trenton. He was very happy there, but this is where he calls home and always has. And i don't think Maryville is afraid to play out of state teams, i just think they choose to play in state. Less travel and better gates. Not many people are gonna travel outta state to watch a HS football game i wouldn't think. I remember when we played Tilghman they brought about 5 fans in 1991 lol

I will say this about the 91 team -Gaddis wanted to play the best in the country and not just the in the State. Back then, we had a hard time finding teams to play us---- and we travel well. I will assume that Maryville does not travel well then . As for rebuilding teams that is fine- but how about those kids? Did he tell them he will be there a year ? Not sure i get that. I am trying to get on board with you though. I really am.

I will say this about the 91 team -Gaddis wanted to play the best in the country and not just the in the State. Back then, we had a hard time finding teams to play us---- and we travel well. I will assume that Maryville does not travel well then . As for rebuilding teams that is fine- but how about those kids? Did he tell them he will be there a year ? Not sure i get that. I am trying to get on board with you though. I really am.

Well, i know Maryville travels well, but i'm not sure how the opposing teams' fans would travel? That's what i meant. Maryville, Oak Ridge, D-B fans all travel well. And yes, we were so good then that we had the problem that Alcoa has now. Like you said, nobody wanted to play us. But, as far as Gaddis telling the kids that? I'm not sure. If not, then i would agree that that wouldn't be the proper thing to do. We lost to that Paducah team by 1 point on a goal line stand..They beat Brentwood Acedemy that year by more then they beat us and Brentwood was awesome that year. Obliterated Powell in the state title game.

Edited by SweetScience

Would love for Oakland and Oak Ridge to renew their series. Both seem to have trouble finding good games and have always wanted to see a game at Oak Ridge

Would love for Oakland and Oak Ridge to renew their series. Both seem to have trouble finding good games and have always wanted to see a game at Oak Ridge

I sure remember those Oak Ridge Oakland games in the late 80's early 90's..Awesome hard fought tooth and nail ballgames. Got a lot of respect for the Oakland program. I remember yall being blue back in them days.

I sure remember those Oak Ridge Oakland games in the late 80's early 90's..Awesome hard fought tooth and nail ballgames. Got a lot of respect for the Oakland program. I remember yall being blue back in them days.

Lol yeah times have changed a little. There is talk that Oakland is looking a getting a blue alternate jersey. Considering Gaddis has some middle tn ties, maybe this game will become a reality in the future.............

Lol yeah times have changed a little. There is talk that Oakland is looking a getting a blue alternate jersey. Considering Gaddis has some middle tn ties, maybe this game will become a reality in the future.............

I like the Blue better for some reason, don't ask why..Just looked tougher to me lol...Gaddis would i'm sure be very receptive to playing Oakland. I have done heard him say personally that he wants Maryville back on the schedule. We may lose both of those games, but Gaddis teams don't run from nobody just like Oakland and Maryville don't.

Hey OaklandPatriots if we work out a game you could bring Lost OLD Dad to Oak Ridge with you. Wouldn't that be something. LOD is a friend from CoachT and a couple games between our teams. He likes ribs and so does Joe Gaddis if I remember correctly.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL