Oak Ridge 2013 Schedule?

boyfromsi

Bladerunner, why don't you start two new threads. One could be a BASH SHAWN SUMMERS thread and the other could be "I'll Bet Anyone That Austin Peay Will Beat UT August 31". My guess is that you will find nobody to join you on the first thread and EVERYONE will bet you on the second thread, even supporters of Austin Peay.

First of all. I think that Shawn is a great player not just good... Great. We can compare all of the stats. Competition.. We can look at the schools who recruited them Etc etc. This started when I said that my favorite Wildcat was number 1. Then someone else brought up the all mighty 40. That was their opinion. Now, I am going to believe you when you say that UT was a powerhouse 18 years ago. I was not in this Country back then. I have just been asking about the stats because I want to see if being recruited by a powerhouse has anything to do with being productive at a powerhouse. BTW- No one can tell me how good 40 is . I saw play up close. He is a great player.

Both were great players. If you want to compare stats I would give Summers the edge. Summers put up all his numbers in three years compared to four for Spencer. And to be fair to Spencer don't forget he shared time with Corey Booker another great player.

Also I don't think you can go by recruiting. Not taking anything away from Summers but in today's times I'm not sure if UT would have taken him. If not be may have went with baseball, he was drafted by the Florida Marlins.

Edited by extremefury

This thread is another good reason for Oak ridge to hurry on back to 6a ... Without Maryville around to obsess over Bladerunner starts hatin on his own !! Lol ... Btw I saw both players play live , and I have to go with Shawn being a more explosive playmaker , both were 2 of the best high school running backs I've ever seen , and this is why it's not fair to compare the 2 because no matter what , you end up putting down one of the best players ever to play in Tn ... Why would you do that ?

This thread is another good reason for Oak ridge to hurry on back to 6a ... Without Maryville around to obsess over Bladerunner starts hatin on his own !! Lol ... Btw I saw both players play live , and I have to go with Shawn being a more explosive playmaker , both were 2 of the best high school running backs I've ever seen , and this is why it's not fair to compare the 2 because no matter what , you end up putting down one of the best players ever to play in Tn ... Why would you do that ?

you did not hear anyone being put down. That is why I asked for stats. Edited by bladerunner

Good point.