Oak Ridge 2013 Schedule?

boyfromsi

Lol. Ok. I'll try to stop. But I am worried about the QB position. Nobody really stood out in the spring. Sorry, worrying again. Lol

It's not like they had a lot of time or opposition to stand out against man lol. Plenty of emphasis will be put on that during fall camp before the season starts. These coaches know what they're doing.

Jaylin Henderson will stop your worries. Young is also good enough.

Jaylin definitely has the athletic ability, but will he even play is the big question? Definitely has the skill if he does. I am not sure if he has the intangibles to be a good QB? A lot more to being a good QB then just athletic talent. We will see.

Jaylin definitely has the athletic ability, but will he even play is the big question? Definitely has the skill if he does. I am not sure if he has the intangibles to be a good QB? A lot more to being a good QB then just athletic talent. We will see.

Remember when he was a freshman, he QB'd both the freshman and JV's on the same night. He was the heir-apparent until he went all basketball. No worries. He is way ahead of schedule on recovery.

Maryville won in 2009 , twice in 2010 , 2011 , and twice in 2012 .... 6 in a row .... but who's counting ?? lol :mrgreen:

Woulda really been nice to have played Maryville with some of our better teams in the 90's then now. Yeah, Maryville got the best of us, but they didn't get the best of Oak Ridge's teams during those years we played, which is unfortunate. Blade coached teams were good, but were mediocre compared to most the 90's OR teams. I know it's pretty irrelevant, i just wish we could have played Maryville with the best we had to offer. Maryville deserved every one of those 6 wins, regardless. Just wishful thinking.

Edited by GaddisTossSweep

Looking forward to the upcoming season. While we have little game experience, the spring showed more players out and raw talent. This team needs to continue to work hard and practice hard and I believe if they do that, they will have a good season. They can take no game for granted as most games will be close. Starting with Farragut, they were down last year at 3-7, so I expect that game to be pretty much even with two green teams on the field with a slight advantage to Farragut in that respect since they play Kingsport DB in Week 0. After that we can do quite well with the tougher games being McMinn County in week 5 and at Powell in week 8. I suspect Powell will be the best team on the schedule. Central in week 9 over in Fountain City could be very tough as they improved last year, especially toward the end of the season, and closing with an always competitive and well coached Anderson County team could be a repeat of last years OT game at Blankenship. Hopefully, by that time we will be a veteran team ready for the 5A playoffs, which we could really make some noise in. Main thing is to get fans in the seats both at home and on the road. About 60 days left until Farragut!!!!

Looking forward to the upcoming season. While we have little game experience, the spring showed more players out and raw talent. This team needs to continue to work hard and practice hard and I believe if they do that, they will have a good season. They can take no game for granted as most games will be close. Starting with Farragut, they were down last year at 3-7, so I expect that game to be pretty much even with two green teams on the field with a slight advantage to Farragut in that respect since they play Kingsport DB in Week 0. After that we can do quite well with the tougher games being McMinn County in week 5 and at Powell in week 8. I suspect Powell will be the best team on the schedule. Central in week 9 over in Fountain City could be very tough as they improved last year, especially toward the end of the season, and closing with an always competitive and well coached Anderson County team could be a repeat of last years OT game at Blankenship. Hopefully, by that time we will be a veteran team ready for the 5A playoffs, which we could really make some noise in. Main thing is to get fans in the seats both at home and on the road. About 60 days left until Farragut!!!!

You break down the schedule about like I do except I've heard lots of good things about Farragut. I hope we survive the regular season and are solid come playoff time.