Friendship vs. Adamsville

Roy Dillard

Not in band. I played football and was living proof the mental is where it's at!

That is so true. Our coach always told us that football is 90 percent mental and 10 percent physical. Especially in High School football. You see in HS ball all the time, these smaller schools with a winning tradition beating much larger schools with bigger more athletic players. I remember when I was in school (82-86) there was a small 1 A team down in Alabama (Courtland) and they always had outstanding teams. Their entire graduating class was never more than about 25 people. Anyway, little single A Courtland would sometimes play a big 6A school and they would almost always win. There was another small school about 5 or 6 miles down the road from Courtland called Hazelwood, and they were a 2A team. Hazelwood also would put beatings on the much bigger schools. The thing to see was when these two schools would play each other (huge rivalry). Also every year each school would have anywhere from 2 to 4 players that would go on to play for either Alabama or Auburn (usually Alabama).

Loretto beat White House Heritage, not White House...2 different teams! White House would beat WHH by 3 TD's atleast! White House was just eliminated in the quarters against Liberty Tech. in AAAA. White House Hertiage didn't make it past the second round in AA...

Sorry, got my White Houses mixed up. LOL It was Houston County that WHite House Heritage beat, not Chester County. My bad. Edited by fodeldink

That is so true. Our coach always told us that football is 90 percent mental and 10 percent physical. Especially in High School football. You see in HS ball all the time, these smaller schools with a winning tradition beating much larger schools with bigger more athletic players. I remember when I was in school (82-86) there was a small 1 A team down in Alabama (Courtland) and they always had outstanding teams. Their entire graduating class was never more than about 25 people. Anyway, little single A Courtland would sometimes play a big 6A school and they would almost always win. There was another small school about 5 or 6 miles down the road from Courtland called Hazelwood, and they were a 2A team. Hazelwood also would put beatings on the much bigger schools. The thing to see was when these two schools would play each other (huge rivalry). Also every year each school would have anywhere from 2 to 4 players that would go on to play for either Alabama or Auburn (usually Alabama).

GREAT post! The reason I can prove the mental/physical thing is because I played starting center for my high school (a great many years ago) and set a record for being the smallest lineman in the history of my team to allow zero QB sacks for a season.....I weighed in that year at 125!

Wow some of us who actually work for a living are gone two days and miss 28 pages of football verbal vomit. You people really have no life. OK so this is my take, both schools are loaded with athletes (how they get them might be in question) but this should be a good game. Adamsville size is amazing all over the field their secondary will match up well with friendship. Adamsville qb tends to float the ball some but was close to perfect against us. If #7 runs for them he will gain some yards. As bad as I hate to say it Brett farve for fca is the real deal. I think its too close to call. Adamsville I hope the hype around the game doesn't hurt you guys like it did Dresden. Can't cheer for the sweatervest so go cards! Nice meeting you guys by the way.

The Cards are a good team. Loretto could have beat them if they had not lost their starting QB. Rosson ran the offense with poise and confidence. He had the season experience and it really showed without him. Not having the other starting running back was a real blow to Loretto. But none of that matters now. I am pulling for the Cards they treated our fans and players with class. They feed our team after the game! Go Cards!

well word is boys are fired up. they are working hard to get what they deserve. Boys leave the hype alone and focus on doing your job each and every play. If you will do that the Gold Ball will be propped up with a big stick in our Trophy case. We need a bend but dont break defense that is laying some wood and an offense that is upbeat and unpredictable.