Dresden Lions 2013

TNFootball

I'm tired of whining about fans and coaches. How do we get better at stopping power run teams? Who wins between Lake Co and Humboldt? Which team do we match up better with?

i agree. Got to load the box and send the kitchen sink and make them pass and tip our hat if they can. Rather play lake co just because of record. They have improved but prob not nearly the athletes as humboldt. Got to just play lion football and we will be fine.

I'm tired of whining about fans and coaches. How do we get better at stopping power run teams? Who wins between Lake Co and Humboldt? Which team do we match up better with?

It's a much debated argument over parking, etc. at Dresden for visitors. Everyone who honestly looks at the situation can see that problem. Coaching problems seemed to be solved for now and fans are what they are so lets all move on.

Humboldt likely beats Lake Co. but who knows. My heart wants to see Lake Co. come out on top. Stopping a power run team is a gamble because if they can pass or get in space on you as well it's a double edged sword. YOUR DEFENSE HAS TO STAY AT HOME AND DO THEIR JOB!!! It's called "Football 101". Stopping the power run in the end comes down to athletes though.

That's what made Vince Lombardi who he is/was at Green Bay. Stopping it was a tall order and the Chicago Bears were the only ones that seemed to be able to do it and they had world class LB's and a top notch D line. The rest of 'em weren't bad either. I love watching a power run offense at work. It sure brings back memories.

• Upvote 1

I'm positive we will have a good game plan for whoever we play. In all actuality our defense kept Huntingdon to 3 yards per carry. We just made a critical mistake with the fumble when we could've went up two scores.

Mclilly and company will be tough to stop but after seeing and talking with the boys after Friday nights game I think this team will more focused than ever.

I'm positive we will have a good game plan for whoever we play. In all actuality our defense kept Huntingdon to 3 yards per carry. We just made a critical mistake with the fumble when we could've went up two scores.

Mclilly and company will be tough to stop but after seeing and talking with the boys after Friday nights game I think this team will more focused than ever.

All the best of luck to ya'll.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can't let my Lion thread die..... good news for Lion fans, several of the football players have been in the weight room lifting starting the Monday after we got beat. Today eight of the freshmen were in there. QB has already gained some weight. Look out next year!!!!!

FYI: Hopefully they are doing this outside of Dresden's weight room, as since they are in the dead period it would be against what the TSSAA says.  Page 28 & 29 cover this.

http://tssaa.org/Handbook/handbook.pdf

FYI: Hopefully they are doing this outside of Dresden's weight room, as since they are in the dead period it would be against what the TSSAA says. Page 28 & 29 cover this.

http://tssaa.org/Handbook/handbook.pdf

Yes they are lifting at the old middle school gym that is owned by a local dentist.

Dedication knows no dead period!

Edited by ysoangry