Rhea County Football 2013

EagleLegend1

Who in the world is Taw Jackson?

Surely you jest?!?! Taw Jackson is quite simply a gift from the football gods. If you could morph Vince Lombardi, Bear Bryant, and George Quarrels into 1 man, his name would be Taw. My advice to the Rhea County brass: take a dump truck full of $100 bills and empty it on Taw's front step and beg him to coach the Eagles. Taw would create a direct pipeline from Evensville to the SEC and then NFL for the lucky few to tap in to his vast football reservoir. Bill Billechick calls Taw for advice. Nick Saban takes a knee when Taw enters a room. I could go on for days......

would JA be a former head coach with a record of turning teams around and making them competitive, a winning head coach, with success winning distirict, region or state championship experience. seems the toughest part of the job is keeping all the people happy that for the most part have no idea of what it takes to field a winning football team...seems like a good coach would want to go in with atleast a gentlemens handshake on an agreement for atleast a 5 year commitment from the principal or superintendent...otherwise you are the flavor of the month, someones cousin or brother in law that is passing time until the next new guy comes along...and then the sheer abuse heaped upon the head coach by this forum is enough to make a guy feel bad about himself....i guess there is no such thing as saying this is our guy and we stand behind him no matter what.....the coach does not have to be a local, he needs to be the kind of guy that football and kids are as important to him as picking the right guy as your attorney or a great surgeon if you were having brain surgery...i would not want my best friend to operate on me or represent me in court unless he was one of the best, why choose someone that has not won football games, does not run organized practices and takes care of his kids, not influenced by parents to play kids that are not ready to play because of friendships.....if you can get all of those things in a local product all the more better, but to settle because you are comfortable with them or go hunting with them, if rhea county is truly in it to be a player and not one simply played why would you settle, they talk of 45 applicants yet some say that a local has an inside...what does it take to be a good candidate, marrying the right person, going to church with the right person..it is simply where the rubber meets the road..choose the best of the 45 no matter who it is or stay safe and local, i have no idea who JA is or owensby or anyone else but the question remains are they the best person for the job with a great background of work showing they do know, is now the time to hire a guy who has not been a head coach ever or if they have, have they been successful, and if not why...do you hire the person who can forge winners out of medioctirty....what is a good coach, is he a man that gets the most out of his players and gives them a chance to win on each friday night, plus teach them life lessons that will last a life time...saturday morning quarterbacks that say what needs to be done or what they would have done different are the bane of a head coaches existence, post game sessions are always easy to win because you have the benefit of looking back on mistakes made, it is also a cowardly thing to do....not being mean but merely stating that we could all look back and learn from the past many of us would do things different, in many areas of our life...formula is oddly simple, if you want a good program get a great coach, if you want a middle of the road program get a middle of the road coach....i know it is way to simple and therefore is not worth doing, good luck eagles!