For informational purposes only.

Rule 2-28TION 28 NEUTRAL ZONE

ART. 1 . . . The neutral zone is the space between the two free-kick lines during

a free-kick down and between the two scrimmage lines during a scrimmage

down. For a free-kick down, the neutral zone is 10 yards wide and for a

scrimmage down it is as wide as the length of the football. It is established when

the ball is marked ready for play.

ART. 2 . . . The neutral zone may be expanded following the snap up to a

maximum of 2 yards behind the defensive line of scrimmage, in the field of play,

during any scrimmage down.

Rule 7-5

ART. 12 . . . Ineligible A players may not advance beyond the expanded neutral

zone on a legal forward pass play before a legal forward pass that crosses the

neutral zone is in flight. If B touches the pass in or behind the neutral zone, this

restriction is terminated. An ineligible is not illegally downfield if, at the snap, he

immediately contacts a B lineman and the contact does not continue beyond the

expanded neutral zone.

Untitled.png

Wow...

You seemed so sure of the Rules last night ?? lol

#50 is on the 2 yd line when the ball crosses line of Scrimmage .... Oh well , Don't turn the ball over 4 times and we're not even talking about it . I'm just cracking up reading the comments section in the KnoxNews Prep Extra Section .... anyone who doubts how much Maryville and Alcoa is hated in the Knoxville area , just take a look at those Comments .... That's alright , all this will do is fuel the Fire for even more Hard work from these Maryville / Alcoa kids ....

#50 is on the 2 yd line when the ball crosses line of Scrimmage .... Oh well , Don't turn the ball over 4 times and we're not even talking about it . I'm just cracking up reading the comments section in the KnoxNews Prep Extra Section .... anyone who doubts how much Maryville and Alcoa is hated in the Knoxville area , just take a look at those Comments .... That's alright , all this will do is fuel the Fire for even more Hard work from these Maryville / Alcoa kids ....

well PEP those knoxville folks have to experience their defeats of MARYVILLE vicariously because they all suck and they will continue to suck right along with packer himself. Do not see any of them beating us lol not for many many moons...

I was / am sure on the rule, although I thought it was a three yd allowance. I may not have explained it well either :/. What I wasn't totally sure on was where the lineman was at. Seeing it realtime out of the corner of my eye, it looked like he was just inside the goal line.Going by the photo, the call was missed

Edited by powellphoto

Xcellent werk APB.....pep whut doo ewe xpect frum Pal Foto (evun aftur we give 'em a good ol Mairvul boy two coach'em)....????

Eye jist wunder how minny racks ov Memfiss dry rub ribs Gary Darden (ump) ov tha North Middle Association will receeve fer Christmas????

Edited by STARSNBARS

well PEP those knoxville folks have to experience their defeats of MARYVILLE vicariously because they all suck and they will continue to suck right along with packer himself. Do not see any of them beating us lol not for many many moons...

I wouldn't say that Grey. I've been very pleased with where Powell had been the last three years. I was pullin for the rebs lastnight cause they're an area team. Nothing more, nothing less

In high school, the only time this penalty is every flagged is when it is obvious a lineman is well beyond the line usually over 5 yds. It is normally only called when a QB has to scramble and the linemen release too soon. I would bet it has not been called all year on a play inside the 5 yd line. IMO...This ref. was looking to make a call. He should have to explain his call to TSSAA.

With that said, I can't say this call was the reason Maryville lost. There were too many missed opportunities and WH is an excellent team. Congrats to WH.

Like I said , you seemed awfully sure of yourself last night .

I think you should have read what I just said, but I'll say it again....I'm sure of the rule, but thought he was on or just past the goal line. That's okay, you're not hurtin my feelings, go ahead if it makes you feel better. Now as I said, after seeing the photo, I can see he wasn't where I thought he was.

Edited by powellphoto