For informational purposes only.

I just want it to be clear, I'm not on here to fuss or stir you guys up. My eyes saw wrong, that's all. I was pullin for you guys just as much as you were. I love East Tn teams no matter who they are.

Same here pp.....And FYI ..Derek in my mind and many other people's minds is still one of our own and we are proud of his accomplishments...

Same here pp.....And FYI ..Derek in my mind and many other people's minds is still one of our own and we are proud of his accomplishments...

Well, we are very glad to have him at Powell now. I'm proud of Powell football in general, eventhough we don't have a gold ball. Powell is 37-4 in the last three seasons, and if all goes well, hopefully Coach Rang can add to that.

I was on Whitehaven and it was a bad call on the 2pt. I think the ref thought #50 was a TE for a sec cause he got turned around a lil while trying to chase and block a dropping defender, was closer to off PI to me but still shouldn't have been called. Congrats to Maryville players, coaches and the respectable fans. We'll see you guys again...

I was on Whitehaven and it was a bad call on the 2pt. I think the ref thought #50 was a TE for a sec cause he got turned around a lil while trying to chase and block a dropping defender, was closer to off PI to me but still shouldn't have been called. Congrats to Maryville players, coaches and the respectable fans. We'll see you guys again...

Problematic look congrats to the players and coaches of Whitehaven, they played well....And for all I know they might have come back and beat us if the score had 29-28 Maryville with 45 seconds to go....We will never know.....But the ump who made up the call doesn't get paid for calling something that is either not in the rule book....or for getting turned around and thinking he saw something......and he can always pick up a flag if he's not sure and in that situation you have to be sure....If he doesn't, the integrity of the game suffers.....imo...

Again congrats..

Edited by STARSNBARS

Still laughable pepvol . Turnovers by both teams had no net effect on the game. They resulted in 14 points from both sides. You are the greatest arm chair quarterback on coach t and also the head of the housewives of Maryville. The Drama queen reality show where grown men sit and do exactly what they have for so long talked down at others for doing. Where is the honor in that pepvol? Really getting pathetic to be honest from an outside fan and former football player. I have no problem with talking about a call but it is unknowable how that call or the others would have changed the score. The football players at Maryville I am sure got some sound advice from coach quarles and some perspective on the game. He knows that a team falls on both sides of those types of calls and its football. I have 4 boys who play , my dad played at Oklahoma and coached in 2 shrine bowls .. My brother lost a state championship on a clearly missed field goal that was called good with no time left. My dad was the coach and I was 14 at the time . I remember him never once bringing that up and he never once addressed it in the locker room. Life is not always fair or easy but its still good. Same with football. No one knows what impact that play would have had on the game ... No one. I have no problem working through the pain of a loss by talking it through but you my friend need to look in the mirror and reflect on doing exactly what you so loathe when others do ..

The ref was actually positioned perfect he was standing on the goal line looking at everything in front of him , as long as no lineman gets past him , It couldn't be inelligible downfield , I've actually been told by someone I'm pretty sure knows what they're talking about that the call on a 2 point play cannot be made , impossible to do from 3 yd line . All you guys saying we're whining if we even talk about it .... Hilarious , we know exactly what would be going on if the hated Murvil had got that call for them in that same situation . We've all already said we lost , we know that , we know all about the 4 turnovers .... That doesn't mean we can't discuss a play that was a huge part of the game . I just say next time we're in this situation let's leave no doubt by not having it close enough where one call can change the game !

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

Still laughable pepvol . Turnovers by both teams had no net effect on the game. They resulted in 14 points from both sides. You are the greatest arm chair quarterback on coach t and also the head of the housewives of Maryville. The Drama queen reality show where grown men sit and do exactly what they have for so long talked down at others for doing. Where is the honor in that pepvol? Really getting pathetic to be honest from an outside fan and former football player. I have no problem with talking about a call but it is unknowable how that call or the others would have changed the score. The football players at Maryville I am sure got some sound advice from coach quarles and some perspective on the game. He knows that a team falls on both sides of those types of calls and its football. I have 4 boys who play , my dad played at Oklahoma and coached in 2 shrine bowls .. My brother lost a state championship on a clearly missed field goal that was called good with no time left. My dad was the coach and I was 14 at the time . I remember him never once bringing that up and he never once addressed it in the locker room. Life is not always fair or easy but its still good. Same with football. No one knows what impact that play would have had on the game ... No one. I have no problem working through the pain of a loss by talking it through but you my friend need to look in the mirror and reflect on doing exactly what you so loathe when others do ..

Well bailorlargedawg1976....onlee one commint fer thait and yore pore famlee two..... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

It was a game altering call, no doubt. In that situation, I think the refs have to come together and have a brief conference and get the call right, maybe some of the other refs could have added some insight to the actual rule, and they would have come out with the right call. I know people say that WH went down and should have won it in regulation anyway, so it really didn't matter, I thought that myself Saturday night. But then I thought, if WH starts that last drive down 29-28 instead of tied, no way would they have run the ball with 45 seconds to play, and nothing they had done throwing the ball the rest of the night would make me believe they would have had much success throwing it. Maybe they would have, maybe they wouldn't have, we will never know.

I give credit to WH, they have a great team, and some great athletes, and in no way am I trying to take any credit away from their youngsters. They played their rear ends off, same as MHS players.

IMO, a good ref, wants to be transparent and never wants to be a part of making a difference in a game, at any level. I think after he watches the game tape, that if this ref has any integrity at all, he will have to issue an apology, either publicly or via letter or e-mail to GQ. That apology won't change the outcome of the game, but him having the integrity to man up and own up to the fact that he blew the call, may alleviate some suspicions about him.

As always, it is the kids that are hurt, and that is the true shame. Fans will have next season and the season after that, etc......but these seniors can never get that game back, it will stick with them forever.

Yes, wise guy, I know the rule, and was watching the game. You guys are so quick to jump on people, get over it.

You keep saying (over and over and over) that you always knew the rule, but your posts would indicate otherwise. Just a quick glance shows 7-8 misstatements of the rule. Maybe somebody else logged into your account?