The NEW District 13-AA 2013

gohornets

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some of the athletes sgc has will suprise people. They may not have as big big-play ability as the waldens did but theyre good and there is alot of em. More than i realized and a lot of them will be soph. and junior. So I dont think theyll scrap the offense; itll still be the triple-option, i think theyll throw the ball more an may spread the field more. Hayden is a more acurate passer than carlos and he can run too.

Only time will tell what these two teams can do going foward. I hope Milan vs. SGC next year is as good as it has been the past 2 (regular season) games.

I agree you will have some kids step up. Most teams are surprised by one or two that make that giant leap into playmakers. My biggest thought about SGC is they are losing that big play ability you talked about. It could be 3rd and 8 and there was a decent chance Carlos would get the first down. That will not happen near as much next year. That's the biggest difference I see.

Garner and Mays will both be seniors next year @ Milan. Crockett will be good for sure. South Gibson will have trouble transitioning from the spread into another offense imo. If they try and run the spread I don't believe they have the athletes to run it sucessfully but time will tell. They will have a big chip on their shoulder to prove they can compete without the Walden brothers. Milan will need some help from upcoming sophmores but there were some definite bright spots with a few of the sophmores this year. #6, #9, #55 & one more, just can't remember the uni number all played signifigant snaps this year. Milan's seniors will need to show leadership to get back to the championship again.

I agree you will have some kids step up. Most teams are surprised by one or two that make that giant leap into playmakers. My biggest thought about SGC is they are losing that big play ability you talked about. It could be 3rd and 8 and there was a decent chance Carlos would get the first down. That will not happen near as much next year. That's the biggest difference I see.

I agree with what youre saying. Every time quincy got the ball we knew there was a chance for a touchdown and carlos could turn a 1yd loss into a 15yd gain at anytime. But at times we were boom or bust on offense. It was a 60yd td or punt. We got better at consistantly moving the ball as the year progressed. Im hoping that going foward we get better at taking it 1 first down at a time. I also feel that next year and in years to come we will be much deeper, talent wise, at the skill positions. Most of the athletes comming up are bigger and stronger with not quite as much speed as guys like quincy so hopefully that will bring more stability to the o as well.

Crockett County will win this disctrict next year, Milan will finish 2nd. Cavaliers will be loaded next year, having Johnny Jones in the backfield, go ahead and announce about 20-25 rushing TD's and about 15-20 receving TD"s its going to happen next year.

Milan, again i believe they will finish 2nd, i do think they got a shot to finish 1st, but I will admit, I do not know anything about the Bulldogs.

South Gibson. I hate to say this, but how about trading North Side in excange for Ripley? Add USJ and drop Gibson County? And on top of that, how about an much improve TCA Lions team?

South Gibson will finish 3-7 and not make the playoffs IMO. To many good opponets aginist a team that lost IMO the 2nd best QB in West Tennessee? Yes Airan Reed will be you main playmaker, but I am sorry Hornets fans, you need to think about 2014, because 2013 is tough.

South Gibson will have alot of talented juniors next year that can play with possibly more coming in. Jace Zipp is moving from Milan to Medina and he will play football

He is a junior O-Lineman with a big frame but needs to put on some weight. 175lbs, according to the roster provided by the Milan coaches, is very small for a lineman. What's the reason for the move???

I work with several of the kids that attend Milan High School and they have no idea why is transferring. I don't the whole school in Milan knows.

Well i think its cause he just became really good friends with some guys from SGC and hes Milan friends didn't like it an event happened at the school this past week moving his transfer from after X-mas to Monday. The rivalry has gotten way out of hand sadly