CPA/Milan Week 5 2013

coachrus

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this just for 1-yr?? I hope they reached an agreement where this game can be played for a few years in a row. Will the game be in Milan or at CPA next year???

It says the game is at CPA. I would think that it would have to be at least a home & away series but I don't know. When they put the schedules together four years ago, they tried to set up 2 home/away series over 4 years. Lexington Christian backed out of the last year commitment this year so nothing seems to be permanent.

This could end up being a great rivalry over the years. Maybe replacing the Goodpasture rivalry since they are moving down to 2A ball next year. Also it appears that Lipscomb doesn't want to play CPA any more either although Maplewood and Whites Creek are still on the schedule.

It says the game is at CPA. I would think that it would have to be at least a home & away series but I don't know. When they put the schedules together four years ago, they tried to set up 2 home/away series over 4 years. Lexington Christian backed out of the last year commitment this year so nothing seems to be permanent.

This could end up being a great rivalry over the years. Maybe replacing the Goodpasture rivalry since they are moving down to 2A ball next year. Also it appears that Lipscomb doesn't want to play CPA any more either although Maplewood and Whites Creek are still on the schedule.

Yeah... both of these teams are losing alot for next year to graduation. I think Milan is trying to "beef up" the schedule to help get them ready for the playoffs. Their district will not be as difficult next year, IMO, however Crockett and Dyersburg will both be very stiff competition. And S. Gibson may be down but will still be very well coached and fundamentally sound.

Milan is playing Lexington to start the season.... this will be a test. They are keeping Trenton and Huntingdon on the schedule. Although many will say they are in a smaller class, they will still be stiff competition. CPA will be a tough test as well. I have really enjoyed our games these last two years and I think even though both teams may take our lumps during the reg season.... the tough schedules will have both teams ready come playoff time!!!

Yeah... both of these teams are losing alot for next year to graduation. I think Milan is trying to "beef up" the schedule to help get them ready for the playoffs. Their district will not be as difficult next year, IMO, however Crockett and Dyersburg will both be very stiff competition. And S. Gibson may be down but will still be very well coached and fundamentally sound.

Milan is playing Lexington to start the season.... this will be a test. They are keeping Trenton and Huntingdon on the schedule. Although many will say they are in a smaller class, they will still be stiff competition. CPA will be a tough test as well. I have really enjoyed our games these last two years and I think even though both teams may take our lumps during the reg season.... the tough schedules will have both teams ready come playoff time!!!

I could not agree more. I think CPA was hurt a little this year in their schedule and may not have been prepared as much as they could have been when the Milan game was on the line. Granted, most say that their District was down this year and they usually have more of a test against Maplewood and Pearl Cohn (although Pearl Cohn played CPA tough).

With Giles, Brentwood, Maplewood and Milan on the schedule they should be ready (if they make it to the playoffs that is).

Both Milan and CPA need to take it up a notch to compete for the Gold ball and our friends in Quad 2. This will make both teams better.

• 1 month later...

Well I hope maybe CPA can tire them out for the following week when they host South Gibson. I want at least a win next year

Are you really sure you want a win this coming year??? You got a win this past year and we see how that worked out for you guys. Not trying to give you a hard time, I just think that the S. Gibson players need to quit thinking playing Milan is the Super Bowl and focus on the big picture. The coaches in Milan don't mind losing a game or two as long as they are ready come playoff time.

Are you really sure you want a win this coming year??? You got a win this past year and we see how that worked out for you guys. Not trying to give you a hard time, I just think that the S. Gibson players need to quit thinking playing Milan is the Super Bowl and focus on the big picture. The coaches in Milan don't mind losing a game or two as long as they are ready come playoff time.

Off the topic BigPurple, but where is Coleman going to play college football?