11AAA

Foulball111

• 2 weeks later...

Centennial will probably beat them 2 more times this week with this coach's decisions. He continues to play same players that make same mistakes. Catcher who has allowed more pass balls than any team in district, 1 outfielder with a week arm and weak bat, and a closer that does not have the stuff to close.

And tonight as pitcher, you will not see SRs Shelton, Johnson (Navy Committ), or even Walker......he will go with a Jr Harris

And now do you believe me....This choach is useless. BHS is loaded and he loses 2 out of 3. This game was tied and instead of putting in Johnson to close the game (throws 90 plus, has era below 2 and has warmed up in bullpen for 3 innings) he puts in Walker who warmed up with 4 pitches. And with facing a RH loaded lineup he subs Maher with another left handed pitcher,,,,,you cannot make this stuff up,,,,,,ridiculus, Shelton never sees the mound. BHS will be lucky to get out of District Tournament. Oh and 2nd base nepotism is noticed,,,,,2 errors.

Edited by BWood1

I was at the Brentwood Centennial Game. Walker was in the bullpen for an inning warming up. You are correct that we never saw Johnson but I seriously doubt he throws 90. No one was warming up throwing that hard. I understand parents think they see one thing but truly don't understand what they are watching. I thought it was a great high school game regardless who won. I wouldn't be so critical of the second baseman. He made two nice plays to keep you in the game. Centennial has a nice team and I thought their relief pitchers were just as good as Brentwood's pitchers. Shelton never pitched because he was hurt. Please tell me Bwood1 that you are not one of those Brentwood parents that complain of coaching. There has been too much of that over there. How many coaches have there been in the past five years? It was a good game by two good teams and someone had to win.

Centennial will probably beat them 2 more times this week with this coach's decisions. He continues to play same players that make same mistakes. Catcher who has allowed more pass balls than any team in district, 1 outfielder with a week arm and weak bat, and a closer that does not have the stuff to close.

And tonight as pitcher, you will not see SRs Shelton, Johnson (Navy Committ), or even Walker......he will go with a Jr Harris

I didn't see Tuesday's game but the Tennessean box score indicated Harris was the winner in a 4-0 shutout. Sounds like a good choice to me.

Current Standing in 11-AAA

Indenpendence 4-1 2-0 vs Hillsboro, 2-1 vs Franklin, Left to play CHS, BHS, and RHS

Brentwood 3-2 2-0 vs. Hillsboro, 1-2 vs. CHS, Left to play RHS, FHS, and IHS

Centennial 3-3 1-2 vs. RHS, 2-1 vs. BHS, Left to play IHS, Hillsboro, FHS

Franklin 3-3 1-2 vs. IHS, 2-1 vs. RHS, Left to play Hillsboro, BHS, CHS

Ravenwood 3-3 2-1 vs. CHS, 1-2 vs. FHS, Left to play BHS, IHS, Hillsboro

very tight race right now, but most knowledgable baseball fans would expect this in this district.

I will be looking forward to how Brentwood and Ravenwood respond next week when they play each other. Brentwood lost 2 to Centennial in two very good games with CHS winning in their last at bat both times. Ravenwood lost 2 to Franklin and in both games had the lead late. The team in this series that loses 2 can pretty much give up hope of a regular season title.

Harris did pitch a nice game on Tuesday in a 4-0 shutout. Other pitchers selected to take the mound for BHS were not on their A game and Shelton did get a high ankle injury in basketball but did pitch an inning or two in Birmingham last week and yet watched this week. Johnson does indeed throw a 90 mph fastball and has signed with the US Naval Academy to do just that. He and Shelton never saw the mound with this "coach" at BHS. I also continue to see helmets and bats thrown with absolutely no repercussions from this "coach". Best pure power hitter on team may be sitting on the bench with a groin injury but if i was the coach I sure would work him into every game as a PH at opportune times. This young man also watched all of the action on Wednesday.

Edited by BWood1

Wow BWood1 it sounds like you are a bitter parent, not only with the kids on the team but more importantly with the coach. Putting down the players in order to justify, in your mind, why your son may or may not be playing is childish. Your son is a great kid with a very bright future and everyone wishes him the best of luck in his endeavors. Just a word of advise, parents are not the only ones who view this site. If you have a problem with this "coach" perhaps you should take it up with him privately and leave the players out.

Playball you know nothing about me or any connection that I have with this team. I do watch a lot of their games and have simply stated facts and it is not bitterness..... just facts. It is my understanding that several players are going to "take it up with him privately". The "childish" behavior is not me but is very evidently displayed week after week from a few of the players. Watch a BHS game objectively like i try to do and you will see what I am talking about.