Tri-County Seven- Week #3

coachh17

I still have not seen Unicoi County, Cloudland, and Unaka, but am making some changes in the rankings anyway. I believe that Elizabethton and Happy Valley are the only teams whose records match the CoachT schedule. Everyone else's is off. Please update your teams' schedules.

1. Elizabethton- (AA) (7-1)- Beat Clinton by 30 and Johnson County by 21 this week. The Johnson County game was close until late in the third quarter. Two tough tests this week at Morristown East Monday and hosting Unicoi County Friday. This team is very inconsistent and is still working on offensive and defensive identity and chemistry. The talent is there and by season's end this should be a very good team.

2. Hampton- (A) (6-3)- J.C. Press has them at 7-3. They crushed University High 65-21. Coach Tolley's Lady Dogs are perimeter oriented, but are a very good single A team. At Happy Valley Tuesday in a rivalry game and then the Climate Controllers Classic.

3. Unicoi County- (AA) (3-3)- Press has them at 4-3. The Lady Devils beat a pretty good Sullivan East team last week. The Sullivan South game has been moved to the 17th. We will see how good they are this week when they visit Cloudland Monday and Elizabethton Friday. Laughren, Hartness, True, and Webb are giving support to Edwards. May challenge for top two spots soon.

4. Cloudland- (A) (2-4)- Press has them at 4-3. Beat John Battle and lost to Wise Central and Gate City in Virginia tournament. D1 post Brooke Rhodes was injured early in the Gate City loss and did not return. Without Rhodes, the Lady Landers will really struggle. I hope the injury is minor, but we will have to wait for more news. Host Unicoi Monday and at South Greene Friday for two tough games.

5. Happy Valley- (AA) (4-4)- Beat Johnson County by 3. Host Hampton Tuesday and Cloudland Saturday. The Lady Warriors have the potential to move up and a win over Hampton would be a big step.

6. Unaka- (A) (3-4)- Press has them at 3-3. Beat Virginia High and Gate City in Virginia. Lost championship game to a good Wise Central team. The Lady Rangers are pretty good. Bradshaw has not been in the latest box scores. Is she sick or hurt? At U-H Tuesday and then off to the Climate Controllers Classic.

7. Johnson County- (AA) (0-4)- Record is a mystery. I know they lost by 3 to Happy Valley and by 21 to Elizabethton last week. They led Betsy at the quarter and only trailed by 3 at the half. They are much more competitive this season. Brown, Dugger, Swift, and Reece all did some good things Friday. Depth is an issue, but they will win some games.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have not seen Unicoi County, Cloudland, and Unaka, but am making some changes in the rankings anyway. I believe that Elizabethton and Happy Valley are the only teams whose records match the CoachT schedule. Everyone else's is off. Please update your teams' schedules.

1. Elizabethton- (AA) (7-1)- Beat Clinton by 30 and Johnson County by 21 this week. The Johnson County game was close until late in the third quarter. Two tough tests this week at Morristown East Monday and hosting Unicoi County Friday. This team is very inconsistent and is still working on offensive and defensive identity and chemistry. The talent is there and by season's end this should be a very good team.

2. Hampton- (A) (6-3)- J.C. Press has them at 7-3. They crushed University High 65-21. Coach Tolley's Lady Dogs are perimeter oriented, but are a very good single A team. At Happy Valley Tuesday in a rivalry game and then the Climate Controllers Classic.

3. Unicoi County- (AA) (3-3)- Press has them at 4-3. The Lady Devils beat a pretty good Sullivan East team last week. The Sullivan South game has been moved to the 17th. We will see how good they are this week when they visit Cloudland Monday and Elizabethton Friday. Laughren, Hartness, True, and Webb are giving support to Edwards. May challenge for top two spots soon.

4. Cloudland- (A) (2-4)- Press has them at 4-3. Beat John Battle and lost to Wise Central and Gate City in Virginia tournament. D1 post Brooke Rhodes was injured early in the Gate City loss and did not return. Without Rhodes, the Lady Landers will really struggle. I hope the injury is minor, but we will have to wait for more news. Host Unicoi Monday and at South Greene Friday for two tough games.

5. Happy Valley- (AA) (4-4)- Beat Johnson County by 3. Host Hampton Tuesday and Cloudland Saturday. The Lady Warriors have the potential to move up and a win over Hampton would be a big step.

6. Unaka- (A) (3-4)- Press has them at 3-3. Beat Virginia High and Gate City in Virginia. Lost championship game to a good Wise Central team. The Lady Rangers are pretty good. Bradshaw has not been in the latest box scores. Is she sick or hurt? At U-H Tuesday and then off to the Climate Controllers Classic.

7. Johnson County- (AA) (0-4)- Record is a mystery. I know they lost by 3 to Happy Valley and by 21 to Elizabethton last week. They led Betsy at the quarter and only trailed by 3 at the half. They are much more competitive this season. Brown, Dugger, Swift, and Reece all did some good things Friday. Depth is an issue, but they will win some games.

Believe Hampton is 6-3 and has one game Sullivan East Sat. in Climate Controllers.

Unaka's Bradshaw has transferred to Daniel Boone did so last Monday.

Unaka has TCC and Sullivan East in Climate Controllers.

Cloudland is AT Unicoi it's PINk OUT GAME for the Lady Devils.

Edited by bballfan05

Not sure if M east will be that much of a test now heard they lost their best player for the year but are well coached and play quick.#1Elizabethton is inconsistent, I'll say it again they go as Depew goes, but you are right they have the most talent top to bottom. EHS played good against the Bulldogs but If #2 Hampton's post could've made anything close they win the Elizabethton game. Rematch should be good. Bowers and Dugger make the Dogs go and do need help from supporting cast if they're gonna make a run. Stiff test at HV Tues & Sull East Sat. at Home. #3Unicoi and #4HV are neck and neck. Unicoi, who has two big ones this week Cloudland @ home & EHS away, needs its young players to get the needed experience and by seasons end should be right there competeing. HV can shoot the lights out when they get hot may pull one or two shockers off before its over.. #5Cloudland without Rhodes is just a mediocre team at best Their young guards aren't progressing to well but it's still early. #6Unaka like hampton small, quick, good guards(Bradshaw is at Daniel Boone now) but lack of post hurts them.They live and die by the 3 ball. They have UH Tues and Tri Cities Christian & Sull East in Climate Controllers I believe. #7Johnson County (only team I haven't seen play) still improving play good for 2 or 3 qtrs then other teams talent gets them in the end, still could pull an upset or two.

Edited by bballfan05

Pretty good rankings. I haven't even got to see the Lady Landers yet and I was hoping too in Roan mountain but I'm hearing the game is in Unicoi. One is thing is for certain, the Lady Lander guards will either get better due to more responsibility to defend and score or they will freeze up and be on the frustrating end of some losses. Losing is going to happen with this schedule. Its how you lose and build on it that will define the character of this team.

Unicoi beat Cloudland tonight by 10. There were 66 fouls were called and 5 players foul out and Landers were without Rhodes. 52-42 i believe was the final.Didn't think MTown East would be much of a test for Betsy, I mean they've lost to Sevier Cocke Co. and Dobyns Bennett by 35, and they weren't. Not sure why coachh was thinking it would be a tought test they have 3 wins over teams with a combined 6-19 record.

Tomoro has Unaka at UH and rematch of Hampton and Happy Valley at HV.

Edited by bballfan05

Hampton over Happy Valley tonite by 13 (66-53) Warriors were up 1 heading into the 4th and was tied at 46 when Bowers hit a 3 and Hampton went on a 20-7 run to end the game. Happy Valley has Tri Cities Fri. and Cloudland Sat. at Hampton and Hampton has Sullivan East at home both Climate Controller's games.

Edited by bballfan05

Hampton over Happy Valley tonite by 13 (66-53) Warriors were up 1 heading into the 4th and was tied at 46 when Bowers hit a 3 and Hampton went on a 20-7 run to end the game. Happy Valley has Tri Cities Fri. and Cloudland Sat. at Hampton and Hampton has Sullivan East at home both Climate Controller's games.

Hampton's season can be special if they keep improving. North Greene is the most formidable challenge right now along with Cosby in the other district. I've been keeping a close eye on Cosby. The road to the glass house runs through them. The best thing for Cloudland is to get Rhodes back. Their other big girl is only 5'10 at the most. That makes the Landers a small team across the board. Nothing wrong with a small team if you can score. That seems to be plagueing the Landers right now along with not taking care of the basketball. You can't make those mistakes in this conference.

Hampton's season can be special if they keep improving. North Greene is the most formidable challenge right now along with Cosby in the other district. I've been keeping a close eye on Cosby. The road to the glass house runs through them. The best thing for Cloudland is to get Rhodes back. Their other big girl is only 5'10 at the most. That makes the Landers a small team across the board. Nothing wrong with a small team if you can score. That seems to be plagueing the Landers right now along with not taking care of the basketball. You can't make those mistakes in this conference.

I think every team in the conference I have seen so far has been small. Not sure about North Greene. Its a guards game - which Cloudland is seeing right now. Its what makes North Greene (McNeese girl) Hampton (dugger, bowers, olivera) and Unaka (winters, colbough) so tough. Once Cloudlands guards figure things out (Matt will make them) they will be ok.