Bray's Rankings for Dec 10, 2012

CoachBray

Im still woundering on how Bray decides his rankings this early, is it from past rankings? Yes i know about the coaches entering the win loss and weights but in a couple of cases it seems like he put kids in first place that have never wrestled in this season weight class, just trying to justify his placings.

It's easy...I guess! Rankings this early in the season, you have to rely on the information that you are sent (never very much) and for the other 95% of the time I guess at the weights this early. My rankings came out before anyone else's and I know a lot of people will wait and see where kids are before they start ranking them. I try to go by several things; did I see them wrestle this summer, their grade as the freshmen and sophomores tend to have higher weight jumps than do juniors and seniors, and who are their wrestling partners/programs. I also shoot them out there early because nobody wants to send information until they see their kid at a wrong weight or ranked somewhere other than what they believe. It's all good though. You know why???? It gets people talking about Tennessee Wrestling!!!! That's why I have done this for free as long as I have, trying to keep our sport in the conversation.

As far as Lopez is concerned, he's been at the top of the podium. In the words of one of my favorites, Ric Flair: To be the man, you got to beat the man, wwwhhhhooooooo!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Hamm & Bray have always been a good gauge. Boskin adds a solid third perspective that one can average from and have a decent future snapshot for February. I See value in these polls like any other sport has; but NOW for Tennessee Team competition, Knepper is becoming top dog for rankings/resulting in the SE. Ga does well too.

Ahhhh, don't say that. Let's make Scottmike-taketop & co happy!!

House used to be SBA some 10 years back. It's a limited short term senior moment thing.

DID HOUSE HAVE TO SIT OUT A YEAR AFTER HIS TRANSFER TEN YEARS AGO? I KNOW THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY BUT YOU CANT MOVE TO WHATEVER SCHOOL YOU CHOOSE TO!!!

DID HOUSE HAVE TO SIT OUT A YEAR AFTER HIS TRANSFER TEN YEARS AGO? I KNOW THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY BUT YOU CANT MOVE TO WHATEVER SCHOOL YOU CHOOSE TO!!!

All I know is that he wasn't happy with my suggestion to give Tate some slack,,, after all they Without Question- believe they are the strongest TN team with or without Tate. Papabear has reloaded well and may continue if some coat tails work out.

Help me out here Sommers! All the experts have transfered how many times? Did Bray have to sit out a year.. heck what about your boy Boskin or Ghouse and even Hamm how many places they been to wrestled or coached. I was just thinking all the "TRANSFER" talk had died down, and all this ranking talk is hot topic(but who the heck is doing the rankings "TRANSFERS")?. This one for example The Great Bray has transfered how many times? Is it time to have these grown men follow the same rules?