9AAA in 2013

REDSMAN

Well, as you know it's a tough road to get to the state tourney for any team. Getting there means something. Why MJ has not won the final game? Well in AAA ball most all the teams that make it to the tourney have great pitching. Farragut, Houston, Arlington, Riverdale , Columbia etc... I would say that when you are dealing with 16-18 year olds anything can happen regardless of their talent. I would think our record the past 12 years and the fact that we do produce a lot of next level players speaks well of the program. But I can really not give a reason why we have not won it all I do know that the competition at this level is tough.

FightingIllini was close on MJ's lack of gold and in fact, far too many 0-2 showings at state. Under the former coach too many of the 1-2 pitchers were more likely to visit a doctor towards the end of the season than they were the hill in the Boro. The other teams seemed to understand how to have their top arms available in May. Clearly, understanding the need to take care of top pitchers during the season wasn't the MO. Word on the street was that other nervous coaching moves and decisions once they got to state played in, but this one ranks at the top year in and year out.

Teams in the '04-07 years were VERY talented and should have made state as well. A Purvis DUI arrrest and suspension in April '06 erased a good opportunity from those kids. With the parents committment in Mt. Juliet to develop their kids baseball talents and a strong Little League and travel teams, the talent will continue for whoever coaches. Coach Carter should have opportunities at the gold and it will be great to see it happen in the right way.

I can name a few over the last several years that were out of county.

I can also name several that were zoned for other Sumner County Schools, but attended Beech.

My point is that sometimes public schools should not cry foul over some players attending a private school. BHS has done fine with the players they have in and outside their zone.

Not "crying foul". What they are doing is perfectly legal. But when private school representatives are at public middle school football games handing out business cards and lobbying parents to send their kids to their school, I think it's a little different than having "several" players from out of zone going to your public school. I can guarantee you that no Beech coach has ever gone out and openly recruited a player.

Not "crying foul". What they are doing is perfectly legal. But when private school representatives are at public middle school football games handing out business cards and lobbying parents to send their kids to their school, I think it's a little different than having "several" players from out of zone going to your public school. I can guarantee you that no Beech coach has ever gone out and openly recruited a player.

I can guarantee you they have. It's not a big deal, public and privates both do it. You win some, you lose some.

Let's get back to the topic.

Edited by 2minutedrill