9AAA in 2013

REDSMAN

Thanks for the compliments of our team last night. Portland lost the first game to McWiliams 11-3 in Portland, we didnt have a good approach at the plate that night, kicked it around like we have all season and were lucky it was only 11-3. McWililams and Carroll are both studs, make no bones about it. Last nights game against Carroll was finally, a game where our defense came through. Normally most of the year we had just been out scoring people on the games we won, with the errors we made. Last night Carroll held us to a few hits and a miscue here and there in the first got us our two runs, plus they walked in one of those. After that both pitchers pretty much settled down. I scored both teams with three hits, (even though my buddy from Beech says I score too hard lol) and he may be right. I will work on that. But we expect them to make the plays. They have a very, very solid ball club. So the way it seems it is breaking down on the South we have MJ/WC (anyone know the WC vs Leb score from last night) Leb and SC and on the North, Beech, Portland, Hville, and Gallatin. Good luck to everyone the last couple of weeks. As far as Martin, the kid is great, hits his spots, stays calm, and has a great attitude plus he is a great kid. Beech put the ball in play 22 times, had only 4 K's and had his season high of 3 walks and a hbp. SO he throws plenty of ground balls and pop ups. Which is why his record isnt better, we just have not performed with out errors behind him.

MJ on paper is the favorite over WC..... but you never know.... it looks like MJ is clicking right now, run ruling the district teams, Carter should thank his lucky stars that he has inherited talent like MJ has year after year....

Hard to tell, we lost to MJ, lost to WC and split with Beech. Its my firm opinion, this year, any given team can win on any day. Just like we were beating both SC, Hville, and lost on errors in the last inning or so. All 3 of those top 3 teams could win out in our district. Another thing, in our district this year, you take ALL teams, take away their #1 and #2' pitchers, and its a dead heat. Flip a coin either will win. It appears the teams are that close in talent (aside from their top aces)...heck White House isnt in our district and they have beat every team they have played from it at least once, and we split with them as well. Mills has a solid team at WH this year...and another Cumberland grad, whoop whoop. lol Good luck to all yall the next week or so.

Hard to tell, we lost to MJ, lost to WC and split with Beech. Its my firm opinion, this year, any given team can win on any day. Just like we were beating both SC, Hville, and lost on errors in the last inning or so. All 3 of those top 3 teams could win out in our district. Another thing, in our district this year, you take ALL teams, take away their #1 and #2' pitchers, and its a dead heat. Flip a coin either will win. It appears the teams are that close in talent (aside from their top aces)...heck White House isnt in our district and they have beat every team they have played from it at least once, and we split with them as well. Mills has a solid team at WH this year...and another Cumberland grad, whoop whoop. lol Good luck to all yall the next week or so.

MJ has a couple of pitchers that the district teams have not seen play this year. MJ really has 4 pitchers, 2 have been pitching district games and doing well, there are two more that have been pitching against Jackson Christian , Farragut, Science Hill, LaVernge, Brentwood, Powell , hardin Valley etc.... so I give the pitching edge to MJ for that reason. The jr. can run it up to 87-88 ....I think you will see him at some point.

Also the WC wins have been 6-2 , 2-1 etc.... the MJ wins aside from losing to Beech early 3-0 have been run rule games scoring 9-12 runs in 5 innings.

Edited by indexspace

MJ has a couple of pitchers that the district teams have not seen play this year. MJ really has 4 pitchers, 2 have been pitching district games and doing well, there are two more that have been pitching against Jackson Christian , Farragut, Science Hill, LaVernge, Brentwood, Powell , hardin Valley etc.... so I give the pitching edge to MJ for that reason. The jr. can run it up to 87-88 ....I think you will see him at some point.

Also the WC wins have been 6-2 , 2-1 etc.... the MJ wins aside from losing to Beech early 3-0 have been run rule games scoring 9-12 runs in 5 innings.

Point well made, didnt think about the run scoring that has been going on. Id give MJ the nod in our district. Top 3 are still the same with us, Hville, Leb and SC being pretty favorable with one another. I cant comment on Gallatin we havent played them yet till next week and I havent watched a game they have played....well since 1985 when I played there, lol

What a wicked season of baseball, go from beating Beech in a great ball game, to losing getting run ruled by Gallatin 10-0 tonight over Portland. Again, what makes these men that make their living off of coaching 15-18 yr olds from going nuts is beyond me. God bless them all....also I would appreciate any prayers for my son, #23, our leadoff hitter. We lost him for the remainder of the season to a slight tear in his labrum last week. We have a shot at making the therapy work due to his being a "wear" injury instead of a "impact" type, we pray it will work. Good luck to everyone in the last week of district play. Congrats to my old alma mater Gallatin for whipping our tail tonight.